Answer complaint, guidance

Ask a Lawyer


Country: United States of America
State: Indiana

I used to own a dance studio and signed a 5 year lease...I had to close the studio 2 years into my lease...I am being sued by 2 different lawyers for back rent for 6 months. I received a summons from the lawyers and sent the courts a response to the summons explaining my entire situation. I received a motion to strike my response letter, and then an order striking my response. I need that my response NOT be stricken due to the fact that it show's the landlord did not fufill their responsiblities to my situation. I am so lost and have no idea what to do now. I can't afford an attorney and everyone else keeps sending me to pre-paid legal sites.