Contempt charges for not paying

Ask a Lawyer


Country: United States of America
State: Texas

1.)How are Contempt of court charges filed concerning being behind in paying for court costs, fines on a felony probation? 2.)How can the person get an extension thru the court on paying?


You can try to show the court your detailed budget and income etc., and ask for an extension; it is allowed in some cases. You may also want to meet with the staff at the DA's office or your probation person etc. to see if you could work out an arrangement.
References in classic literature ?
But after a tiresome march of almost half a mile, we came to a hill covered thick with a crumbly rubbish of stones, and so steep that no man of us all was now in a condition to climb it.
Down the centre of Baker Street it had been ploughed into a brown crumbly band by the traffic, but at either side and on the heaped-up edges of the foot-paths it still lay as white as when it fell.
He listened greedily to the quail calling, and laughed outright, once, in sheer joy, at a tiny chipmunk that fled scolding up a bank, slipping on the crumbly surface and falling down, then dashing across the road under his horse's nose and, still scolding, scrabbling up a protecting oak.