References in periodicals archive ?
Black Against Empire, then, has brought an old idea--the state cooptation thesis--to the center of Panther studies.
While most scholars have seen the relationship between the Mexican intelligentsia and the revolutionary state primarily in terms of cooptation and complicity, Sanchez Prado argues that groups of Mexican intellectuals in fact conceived of alternative visions of the nation as embodied in both its pueblo and its high-cultural production (the naciones intelectuales in the title).
While the seeds of "revolution betrayed" were inherent in even the pacific Zionism embraced by the early settlers, there were numerous additional clues to the coming cooptation that were part and parcel of life on the kibbutzim.
While the situation falls short of cooptation, it represents the limits of collaboration under New York's patron-client system of local government.
Gazprom strategy deploys three tactics: cooptation - cultivating partnerships with certain countries, political leaders, and corporations, as levers of its interests; preemption - using upstream power and Russian diplomacy to manipulate downstream conditions and scoop up assets; and disaggregation - dividing the EU through bilateral deals.
Instead, Burnett describes periodic resistance to Reformed cooptation as attempts to return to Basel's indigenous nonconfessional Protestantism, which favored the mediating evangelical stance of Strasbourg's Martin Bucer.
The solution was not to marginalize Arab Sunnis, the backbone of opposition to the new Iraq, but it was to use both force and cooptation to bring the community into the new order.
Also interesting is the study of the religious right's 25 year slide from radicalism to near cooptation in Virginia.
In fact, the term itself and the reality behind it is a classic cooptation of faith itself.
Some call these historical trends the corporate cooptation of the university; others refer to this transformation as the business model invading higher education; and still others suggest that this change is a much-needed adjustment in the social role of the university.
Anyhow, I'm more pessimistic than Michael McClintock: the corporate cooptation of poetry and academe will succeed.
Authoritarian repression and strategies of cooptation limited the space open for a politics of democratization and the needs of internal political reform.
Legal browser ?
- Cool blood
- Cooley, Thomas McIntyre
- Coolidge, Calvin
- cooling-off period
- cooperate with
- cooperate with secretly
- cooperation for fraud
- cooperation procedure
- cooperative action
- cooperative housing
- cooperative society
- cooperator in crime
- cop a plea
- copartner in crime
- cope with
- Copenhagen criteria
- Copies of husband's documents in court case
- copious in speech
Full browser ?
- cooping up
- coops up
- Coor Service Management
- coorbital satellites
- Coordenação Das Atividades de Processamento Eletrônico de Dados
- Coordenacão das Organizações Indígenas da Amazônia Brasileira
- Coordenação de Aperfeiçoamento de Pessoal de Nível Superior
- Coordenação de Saúde do Trabalhador da Fundação Oswaldo Cruz
- Coordenação Estadual Das Comunidades Negras E Quilombolas
- Coordenação Geral Administração Finanças
- Coordenação Geral de Informática
- Coordenadora de Afectados pelas Grandes Barragens e Transvases
- Coordenadoria Ecumênica de Serviço
- Coordinación Colombia-Europa-Estados Unidos
- Coordinación de Organizaciones del Pueblo Maya de Guatemala
- Coordinación Ecológica Area Metropolitana Sociedad del Estado
- Coordinación Nacional de Planificación Nacional
- Coordinadora Campesina Contra los Embalses