Mentioned in ?
References in periodicals archive ?
Taylor's great exemplar of this decentralist tradition is Thomas Jefferson, in whom most of these tensions can be found.
The New Agrarian Mind: The Movement Toward Decentralist Thought in Twentieth-Century America (New Brunswick, N.
Kropotkin, long before his time, is often pigeonholed as an anarchist, but he is really a decentralist over our currently ever more centralized corporate approach to necessities of life.
SANDEL, DEMOCRACY'S DISCONTENT: AMERICA IN SEARCH OF A PUBLIC PHILOSOPHY 211-27 (1996) (finding both technocratic centralizing and decentralist strands in Progressivism).
Stephen Harper has pursued an admittedly decentralist agenda since becoming Prime Minister in 2006.
Like his colleagues, Scott directed a good deal of his energy towards arguing for a rebalanced federalism and criticizing the Privy Council's decentralist reading of the Constitution, but his vision of constitutional law also explicitly incorporated the state's treatment of individual citizens.
The distinction Mauss makes between a society run according to principles of generosity and one in which absolute freedom of action is enjoyed underlines the point made by several critics that Morris's decentralist politics never equated to anarchism proper.
localist, decentralist, and agrarian democrat, while Roosevelt's
For those who know me as a radical decentralist, a supporter of devolution and a fully paid up member of the half-a-loaf-is-better-than-no-bread school of politics, this may come as a big surprise.
Formal veto positions are typically found in federalist or decentralist systems, systems with a multiparty coalition and systems with a high degree of ministerial autonomy an independent constitutional court.
However, much of the literature on norms, in keeping with its decentralist commitments, highlights the effectiveness of these structures in small, often face-to-face, communities.
It thus maintained and facilitated the adaptation of the American Constitution's decentralist values during a new era of national bureaucratic and corporate centralization and globalization.
Legal browser ?
- deceased person
- deceitful agreement
- deceitful compact
- deceitful practice
- deceive by treachery
- Decem tales
- Decennial Digest
- deceptive belief
- deceptive check
- deceptive covering
- deceptive representation of fact
- deceptive statement
- decide a question of fact
- decide against
- decide between opposing parties
- decide by judicial sentence
- decide in advance
- decide in favor of
- decide legally
- decide upon
Full browser ?
- Décentralisation et Économie des Territoires
- Decentralised Data Fusion
- Decentralised Information Ecosystem Technologies
- Decentralised Irrigation Development and Management Project
- Decentralised Local Governance Support Programme
- Decentralised Procedure
- Decentralization Advisory Support Unit
- Decentralization and Local Development Support Programme
- Decentralization and Local Governance Network
- Decentralization Support Programme
- Decentralization, Hierarchy and Parallelism
- Decentralized Accounting
- Decentralized Action for Children and Women
- Decentralized Automated Service Support System
- Decentralized Automated Service Support System Division/Corps
- Decentralized Blanket Purchase Agreement
- decentralized control
- Decentralized Dance Party
- decentralized data processing
- decentralized execution