Mentioned in ?
References in classic literature ?
Barth is a Hamburger, who obtained permission for himself and for his countryman Overweg to join the expedition of the Englishman Richardson.
Barth separated from his companions, made an excursion to the town of Aghades, and rejoined the expedition, which resumed its march on the 12th of December.
From henceforth I take command of this expedition, and I must ask you to complete your preparations to-night, so that we may be able to make an early start in the morning.
Thus our expedition was at the time of the dry season, when the great river and its tributaries were more or less in a normal condition.
The work I here present to the public is necessarily of a rambling and somewhat disjointed nature, comprising various expeditions and adventures by land and sea.
One of the first to revive these tramontane expeditions was General Ashley, of Missouri, a man whose courage and achievements in the prosecution of his enterprises have rendered him famous in the Far West.
It is difficult to do justice to the courage, fortitude, and perseverance of the pioneers of the fur trade, who conducted these early expeditions, and first broke their way through a wilderness where everything was calculated to deter and dismay them.
In point of numbers and spectacular effect, it was the most imposing expedition that had ever marched from Zermatt.
Out of respect for the great numbers of tourists of both sexes who would be assembled in front of the hotels to see us pass, and also out of respect for the many tourists whom we expected to encounter on our expedition, we decided to make the ascent in evening dress.
He was gone for four years, and when he returned all had been over for three; for about a year after his departure, and shortly before the time for the return of an expedition which had gone forth to fetch the fruits of a community incubator, the egg had hatched.
But the Scientist of the Expedition explained that he had been so engrossed with the care of his instruments and the study of his tables that he had found no time to think of it.
The Bear of the Expedition was more unapproachable than ever.
Legal browser ?
- expatiate on
- Expedit reipublicae ut sit finis litium
- expedited determination
- expedited judgment
- expeditious performance
- expel from the bar
- expel from the legal profession
- expend gradually
- expend slowly
- expenditure of energy
- Expensae litis
- expense of transportation
- expense outlay
Full browser ?
- Expeditionary Support Policy Council
- Expeditionary Support Ship
- Expeditionary Support Squadron
- Expeditionary Surgical Unit
- Expeditionary Sustainment Command
- Expeditionary Systems Evaluation Division
- Expeditionary Tactical Communications System
- Expeditionary Theater Distribution Center
- Expeditionary Theater Opening
- Expeditionary Training Group
- Expeditionary Training Unit
- Expeditionary Unit Water Purifier
- Expeditionary warfare
- Expeditionary Warfare Conference
- Expeditionary Warfare Division
- Expeditionary Warfare Fleet Input & Response Meeting
- Expeditionary Warfare Integration Facility
- Expeditionary Warfare Intelligence Course
- Expeditionary Warfare Orientation Training
- Expeditionary Warfare School
- Expeditionary Warfare Testbed
- Expeditionary Warfare Training Group
- Expeditionary Warfare Training Group Atlantic
- Expeditionary Warfare Training Group Pacific
- Expeditionary Warfighting Operations Center
- Expeditious Discharge Program for the Reserve Components
- expeditious performance
- expel (someone or something) from (something)