Mentioned in ?
References in classic literature ?
It crushed them into the remotest recesses of their own minds, pressing out of them, like juices from the grape, all the false ardours and exaltations and undue self-values of the human soul, until they perceived themselves finite and small, specks and motes, moving with weak cunning and little wisdom amidst the play and inter-play of the great blind elements and forces.
His contention was that it was finer for a finite mortal speck of life to feel Godlike, than for a god to feel godlike; and so it was that he exalted what he deemed his mortality.
According to Spinoza finite objects are unreal, for they are conditioned by what is alien to them, and by one another.
For it is only the finite that has wrought and suffered; the infinite lies stretched in smiling repose.
How confidently did my dream contemplate this finite world, not new- fangledly, not old-fangledly, not timidly, not entreatingly:--
In order to obtain invariable physical laws, we have to proceed to differential equations, showing the direction of change at each moment, not the integral change after a finite interval, however short.
in "Life and Finite Individuality," edited for the Aristotelian Society, with an Introduction.
Leave lacks any indication of the morphological dimensions usually associated with unmarked finites in English (though this is of course not necessarily true of the forms labelled "subjunctive" in other languages).
There are other non-finites that retain more of the properties associated with finites than the English subjunctives do.
Abstract: This paper describes development of a displacement/pressure finite volume based method for modeling of compressible and incompressible linear elastic body problem.
Key words: numerical analysis, finite volume method, almost incompressible body, displacement, pressure formulation
Software Features: Kent software capabilities include a multiple surface finite element mesh generator.
Legal browser ?
- Finis finem litibus imponit
- Finis rei attendendus est
- Finis unius diei est principium alterius
- finish litigation
- finish up
- finished product
- finishing stroke
- finite quantity
- Fire and Rescue Authorities
- fire at
- fire from employment
- Fire Statute
- fire up
- Fired employee without saying it, money owed
- firing a charge
- firm advice
- firm attachment
- firm belief
- firm hold
- firm in adherence
- firm in allegiance
- firm in principle
- firm name
- Firm Offer
Full browser ?
- Finite-State Markovian Channel
- Finite-State Methods in Natural Language Processing
- Finite-State Sequential Machine
- Finite-State Transition Diagram
- Finite-State Vector Quantization Over Noisy Channel
- Finite-State Vector Quantizer
- Finite-Step Dynamical Algorithm
- Finite-Temperature Hartree-Fock
- Finite-Temperature Hartree-Fock-Bogolyubov
- Finite-Termination Theorem
- Finite-Time Constrained Optimal Control Problem
- Finite-Time Lyapunov Exponent
- Finite-Volume Coastal Ocean Model
- Finite-Volume Particle Method
- Finite-Width Conductor-Backed CoPlanar Waveguide
- finitely additive set function
- Finitely Extensible Nonlinear Elastic
- Finitely generated
- finitely generated extension
- finitely generated left module
- finitely representable
- Finitist mathematics
- Finjan SecureBrowsing
- fink on
- fink on someone
- fink out
- fink out
- fink out on someone/something
- Fink truss
- Fink, Albert
- Fink, Max
- Fink, Mike
- Fink, R.P.
- Fink, RP
- Fink-Heimer stain