Mentioned in ?
References in classic literature ?
Wash Williams, the telegraph operator of Wines- burg, was the ugliest thing in town.
Elnathan took a pair of glittering forceps, and was in the act of applying them to the wound, when a sudden motion of the patient caused the shot to fall out of itself, The long arm and broad hand of the operator were now of singular service; for the latter expanded itself, and caught the lead, while at the same time an extremely ambiguous motion was made by its brother, so as to leave it doubtful to the spectators how great was its agency in releasing the shot, Richard, however, put the matter at rest by exclaiming:
In this he was ably assisted by George Brown, an operator employed by the Wood's System of Wireless Telegraphy.
A HEAVY Operator overtaken by a Reverse of Fortune was bewailing his sudden fall from affluence to indigence.
We were regularly christened, but afterward, in the very act of tattooing us with small distinguishing marks, the operator lost his reckoning; and although I bear upon my forearm a small "H" and he bore a "J," it is by no means certain that the letters ought not to have been transposed.
In spite, however, of his resemblance to the handsome Russian Emperor and the terrible Domitian, Isidore Baudoyer was nothing more than a political office-holder, of little ability as head of his department, a cut-and-dried routine man, who concealed the fact that he was a flabby cipher by so ponderous a personality that no scalpel could cut deep enough to let the operator see into him.
It chanced, at the start, that I chummed with an English cable operator and a younger member of a Spanish shipping firm.
Very good," I replied; and, as I dismissed him, I rang for my wireless operator.
The wives of the missionaries tried to persuade them not to be tattooed; but a famous operator having arrived from the south, they said, "We really must just have a few lines on our lips; else when we grow old, our lips will shrivel, and we shall be so very ugly.
The knife was of so queer a shape that no one but an operator could have calculated the angle that would reach his heart.
She then stretched out her beautiful arm, and the operator began to prepare for his work.
submitted his head to the operator, and the operator went on talking; at the same time putting separate locks of his hair through a curious process of being smartly rolled over her two revolving forefingers, which were then suddenly pulled out of it in opposite lateral directions.
Legal browser ?
- opening of negotiations
- opening speeches
- opening statement
- operate jointly
- operating company
- operating expenses
- Operation of Law
- operational before
- operative with respect to the past
- operative words
- opinio praeiudicata
- Opinion Evidence
- Opinion of the Court of Appeals of Texas, Fourteenth District
- opinion of the jury
- Opinion of the Supreme Court of Alabama, August 30, 1962
- Opinion of the Supreme Court of Arizona, April 22, 1965
- Opinion of the Supreme Court of California, People v. Stewart
- Opinion of the Supreme Court, January 22, 1973
- Opinion of the Supreme Court, March 9, 1964
- Opinion of the Supreme Court, May 17, 1954
- Opinion of the Supreme Court, May 31, 1955
- Opinion of the U.S. Supreme Court, June 13, 1966
- Opinion of the U.S. Supreme Court, June 26, 2003
- Opinion of U.S. District Court, N.D. Texas, June 17, 1970
Full browser ?
- Operator Workstation
- OPerator's computer for Decentralized ROBot Control
- operator's console
- Operator's Display Panel
- Operator's Instructions
- Operator's licence
- Operator's licence
- Operator's license
- Operator's license
- Operator's Maintenance Instructions
- Operator's Vehicle Equipment
- Operator's/Operation Manual
- Operator-assisted Pay-Per-View
- Operator-Initiated Lightpath Provisioning
- Operator-Machine Interface
- Operator-Robot Interaction
- Operator-to-General Support Maintenance
- Operator-To-Operator Message
- Operator/Operational Communications
- Operator/Organizational Maintenance
- Operatore Socio Sanitario
- Operatore Socio Sanitario con formazione Complementare
- Operatore Virtuale di Rete
- Operatori Sanitari di Diabetologia Italiani
- Operators Are Standing By
- Operators Clearing House
- Operators Extra Expense
- Operators Harmonization Group
- Operators Services Complex
- Operators Support Unit
- Operators Vehicle Maintenance
- opercular fold
- opercular part