Mentioned in ?
- Advance Sheets
- Anti-Ballistic-Missile Treaty of 1972
- Armed Services
- Bering Sea Dispute
- Bonaparte, Charles Joseph
- Breese, Sidney
- Brief for Appellee
- Brief for the Petitioners
- Browning, James Robert
- Bush, George Herbert Walker
- Citizens for Decency through Law
- Commerce Clause
- Conkling, Roscoe
- Cotonou agreement
- Crédit Mobilier Scandal
References in classic literature ?
The expedition of Sir Alexander Mackenzie in 1793, across the continent to the Pacific Ocean, which he reached in lat.
The reports published by them of their expedition demonstrated the practicability of establishing a line of communication across the continent, from the Atlantic to the Pacific Ocean.
When Mackenzie some years subsequently published an account of his expeditions, he suggested the policy of opening an intercourse between the Atlantic and Pacific oceans, and forming regular establishments through the interior and at both extremes, as well as along the coasts and islands.
There's the Pacific Ocean beyond, and China, an' Japan, an' India, an'.
Four or five miles to the east of them lay the blue waters of Lake Michigan; but for all the good it did them it might have been as far away as the Pacific Ocean.
We three blue-clad men, with our misshapen black-faced attendant, standing in a wide expanse of sunlit yellow dust under the blazing blue sky, and surrounded by this circle of crouching and gesticulating monstrosities,-- some almost human save in their subtle expression and gestures, some like cripples, some so strangely distorted as to resemble nothing but the denizens of our wildest dreams; and, beyond, the reedy lines of a canebrake in one direction, a dense tangle of palm-trees on the other, separating us from the ravine with the huts, and to the north the hazy horizon of the Pacific Ocean.
I have estates, ma'am,' said the old gentleman, flourishing his right hand negligently, as if he made very light of such matters, and speaking very fast; 'jewels, lighthouses, fish-ponds, a whalery of my own in the North Sea, and several oyster-beds of great profit in the Pacific Ocean.
We landed several miles north of Thuria in a little cove that seemed to offer protection from the heavier seas which sometimes run, even upon these usually pacific oceans of Pellucidar.
Even prior to this, transoceanic commerce had practically ceased, owing to the perils and hazards of the mine-strewn waters of both the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans.
The Australian weather bureau said the tropical Pacific Ocean is on track to borderline El Nino with rainfall patterns around the ocean's basin exhibiting the phenomenon's conditions.
Researchers will discuss results from computer models predicting how caesium-137 is being dispersed in the Pacific Ocean, three years of water testing in the northern Pacific Ocean, and a new public crowdsourcing campaign monitoring radiation levels on the West Coast.
The easterly trade winds of the Pacific Ocean have increased significantly over the past two decades and as a result are blowing higher volumes of warm surface sea water and huge amounts of surface heat down to deeper depths of the ocean, scientists say in their study published in the journal Nature Climate Change.
Legal browser ?
- owner of an estate in land
- owner of land
- owner of lands
- owner of real estate
- owner of real property
- owner of tenements
- owner of the fee simple absolute
- owner’s mark
- owner’s sign
- Oxgang of land
- oyer and terminer
- p2p legal issues
- pace off
- pacem conciliare
- Paci sunt maxime contraria
- Pacific Ocean
- Pacific Railroad Act
- pack away
- pack close
- pack in
- pack tightly
- pack together
- package bargaining
- package holiday
- packed together
- packed with meaning
Full browser ?
- Pacific Northwest Shrine Oriental Band Association
- Pacific Northwest Ski Areas Association
- Pacific Northwest Ski Association
- Pacific Northwest Sleep Association
- Pacific Northwest Snowfighters
- Pacific Northwest Society for Coatings Technology
- Pacific Northwest Software Quality Conference
- Pacific Northwest Steel Fabricators Association
- Pacific Northwest Sugar Company
- Pacific Northwest Super Comp Association
- Pacific Northwest Teen Square Dance Festival
- Pacific Northwest Theatre Associates
- Pacific Northwest Tool Club
- Pacific Northwest Tool Collectors
- Pacific Northwest Track and Field
- Pacific Northwest Trail
- Pacific Northwest Transplant Bank
- Pacific Northwest Truck Museum
- Pacific Northwest University of Health Sciences
- Pacific Northwest Utilities Conference Committee
- Pacific Northwest Vascular Society
- Pacific Northwest Wildfire Coordinating Group
- Pacific Northwest Wine Club
- Pacific Northwest Wrestling
- Pacific Northwest Writers Association
- Pacific Northwest Writers Conference
- Pacific Northwest Writing Centers Association
- Pacific Nuclear Council
- Pacific Nuclear Services
- Pacific Nuclear Transport Limited
- Pacific Ocean
- Pacific Ocean Alaska
- Pacific Ocean Area
- Pacific Ocean Biological Survey Program
- Pacific Ocean Coalition of Welding Associations
- Pacific Ocean Division
- Pacific Ocean Park
- Pacific Ocean Region
- Pacific Ocean Remote Sensing Conference
- Pacific Ocean Research Foundation
- Pacific Ocean Shelf Tracking Project
- Pacific Ocean Shipping Agency
- Pacific Ocean, Alaska District, Missile Defense
- Pacific Oceanographic Synopsis
- Pacific Oceans
- Pacific Oceans
- Pacific Offshore Energy Association
- Pacific Oil Spill Prevention Education Team
- Pacific Okinawa Players
- Pacific Online, Inc.
- Pacific Open Health Learning Network
- Pacific Open Learning Health Net
- Pacific Operations Liaison Office
- Pacific Orchid Society
- Pacific Orthopedic Medical Group, Inc.
- Pacific Ovarian Cancer Research Consortium
- Pacific oyster
- Pacific Pain Treatment Center
- Pacific Palisades Baseball Association
- Pacific Palisades Community Council
- Pacific Palisades Presbyterian Church