Received summons from mortgage company

Ask a Lawyer


Country: United States of America
State: Kansas

We received a summons from our mortgagee company, saying that we are way behind in payments, and they want to foreclose. At the time we got the summons we were up to date on payments. They have been bothering us for months trying to tell us we are behind. We have tried talking to them but they do not listen. They have sent people to our home trying to collect, and one time I even had to call the police to get the guy to leave. I have documentation (i.e. bank statements, and statement from mortgage company) for the last 12 months showing it has been paid. I was told we need to fill out a form to reply, and send it to the mortgage companies lawyer, and the court clerk. I have no idea where to get this form, and we cannot afford an attorney.


Full browser ?