References in periodicals archive ?
A separate question is whether the Golden Rule compels Good Samaritanism when a potential recipient is in need.
Wellman, "Liberalism, Political Legitimacy, and Samaritanism," Philosophy & Public Affairs 25 (1996): 211-37; "Toward a Liberal Theory of Political Obligation," Ethics 111 (2001): 735-59; and "Samaritanism and the Duty to Obey the Law" in Christopher Heath Wellman and A.
Contrary to what this objection suggests, it does not seem to be the case that an incapacity to pay what otherwise would be due compensation invalidates the permissibility of acting as the principle of samaritanism allows.
Presumably, the principle of samaritanism would then establish the morality of choosing anyone among them.
The film about getting banged up in a Turkish prison hell-hole for drug smuggling probably did as much for that country's tourist trade as it did for good Samaritanism at the time.
Salt Lake Tribune columnists Paul Rolly and JoAnn Jacobsen-Wells occasionally report instances of honesty and Good Samaritanism.
The first answer acts to justify encouragement of good samaritanism by referring to the (hypothetical) will of the beneficiary.
Eshel regards the development of the Samaritans' belief in the sanctity of Mount Garizim, and consequently, of the emergence of Samaritanism, as rather late.
Erick Mack criticizes this "responsibility thesis" in the course of denying causal status to omissions [Mack, Bad Samaritanism and the Causation of Harm, 9 Phil.
Studies on this subject are quite rare; only a few treatises have been examined in the past, partly for comparative purposes, by scholars whose interest was not confined to Samaritanism per se (as is the case with one of the best researchers of Samaritan sources in the last century, Abraham Geiger - his investigations in this field having retained their value up to the present).
Legal browser ?
- Salus populi est suprema lex
- salus reipublicae suprema lex
- Salus ube multi consiliarii
- Salvage charges
- Salvage loss
- same conditions
- Same Evidence Test
- same line of descent
- same strain
- San Francisco Vigilance Committees of 1851 and 1856
- sanctify by custom
- sanction a claim
- sanction by law
- sanctioned by custom
Full browser ?
- Samarin, Aleksandr
- Samarin, Aleksandr Mikhailovich
- Samarin, Iurii
- Samarin, Iurii Fedorovich
- Samarin, Ivan
- Samarin, Ivan Vasilevich
- Samarina, Antonina
- Samarina, Antonina Nikolaevna
- Samaritan Befrienders Hong Kong
- Samaritan Center for Counseling and Pastoral Care
- Samaritan College of Nursing
- Samaritan Counseling Center
- Samaritan Data Recovery Unit
- Samaritan Emergency Volunteer Organization
- Samaritan North Lincoln Hospital
- Samaritan Regional Medical Center
- Samaritan's Purse Canada
- Samaritan's Purse International Relief
- Samaritans of Singapore
- Samarium Catalysed Reductive Dechlorination
- Samarium Cobalt Magnet
- Samarium Cobalt Noiseless
- Samarium Cobolt
- samarium oxide
- samarium Sm 153 lexidronam
- Samarium-153-ethylene diamine tetramethylene phosphonate
- Samarium-cobalt magnet
- Samarkand Oblast
- Samarkand, University of
- Samarkand, Uzbekistan