References in classic literature ?
of the humped Indian cattle, that these had descended from a different aboriginal stock from our European cattle; and several competent judges believe that these latter have had more than one wild parent.
The doctrine of the origin of our several domestic races from several aboriginal stocks, has been carried to an absurd extreme by some authors.
If the several breeds are not varieties, and have not proceeded from the rock-pigeon, they must have descended from at least seven or eight aboriginal stocks; for it is impossible to make the present domestic breeds by the crossing of any lesser number: how, for instance, could a pouter be produced by crossing two breeds unless one of the parent-stocks possessed the characteristic enormous crop?
As far as I am aware, ther is no other instance in any part of the world, of so smal a mass of broken land, distant from a continent, possessin so large an aboriginal quadruped peculiar to itself.
I have been surprised to detect encircling the pond, even where a thick wood has just been cut down on the shore, a narrow shelf-like path in the steep hillside, alternately rising and falling, approaching and receding from the water's edge, as old probably as the race of man here, worn by the feet of aboriginal hunters, and still from time to time unwittingly trodden by the present occupants of the land.
What is the aboriginal Self, on which a universal reliance may be grounded?
There is, I mean, no aboriginal stuff or quality of being, contrasted with that of which material objects are made, out of which our thoughts of them are made; but there is a function in experience which thoughts perform, and for the performance of which this quality of being is invoked.
Having given this instruction, the handmaid, who had been brought up among the aboriginal inhabitants of Southwark, disappeared, with the candle in her hand, down the kitchen stairs, perfectly satisfied that she had done everything that could possibly be required of her under the circumstances.
Expressing Aboriginality solely through explicit self-identification contradicts the sense of being Aboriginal that I observed among many Aboriginal people in south-western Sydney, including Adam: that is, having been raised with an Aboriginal family background.
The Aboriginal advisory circle offers relevant advice, guides Indigenous curriculum and offers emergency funds and bursaries to Aboriginal students" said Dr.
The background factors which figure prominently in the causation of crime by aboriginal offenders are by now well known.
The plan--launched in October-will see 40 or more Aboriginal people employed over the next two years, thanks to a partnership with the Department of Education, Employment and Workplace Relations (DEEWR), which has provided funding for the project.
Legal browser ?
- abolish the organization of
- abominable crime
- aborted attempt
- abortive effort
- abounding in error
- about to happen
- above all
- above all price
- above all value
- above appraisal
- above average
- above meanness
- above par
- above pettiness
- above suspicion
Full browser ?
- Abonde, Dame
- Aboott & Costello
- Aboriginal Adult Basic Education
- Aboriginal Affairs and Northern Development
- Aboriginal Affairs Branch
- Aboriginal Affairs Planning Authority Act
- Aboriginal AIDS Service Organizations
- Aboriginal and Islander Career Aspirations Program
- Aboriginal and Islander Child Care Agency
- Aboriginal and Islander Community Health Service
- Aboriginal and Islander Education Officer
- Aboriginal and Islander Health Worker Journal
- Aboriginal and Islander Independent Community School
- Aboriginal and Islander Medical Support Services
- Aboriginal and Islander Support Unit
- Aboriginal and Islander Teacher Education Program
- Aboriginal and Northern Climate Change Program
- Aboriginal and Northern Community Action Program
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Advisory Committee
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Affairs
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Arts Board
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Commission
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Education Policy
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Family Mediation Program
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Workforce Working Group
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Housing
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Legal Services
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Library Resource Network
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Performing Arts
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Program
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Services