Mentioned in ?
- Adams, John
- American Civil Liberties Union
- antitrust law
- Baker v. Carr
- Bickel, Alexander Mordecai
- Blackstone, Sir William
- Bond, Horace Julian
- Brady Center to Prevent Gun Violence
- Brennan, William Joseph, Jr.
- Brown v. Board of Education of Topeka, Kansas
- Burger, Warren Earl
- Center for Constitutional Rights
- Chase, Salmon Portland
- Civil Rights Movement
References in periodicals archive ?
A number of public relations scholars are reevaluating the relationship between organizations and activist publics.
Among this group with activist proclivities, an objective journalist is somewhat conspicuous.
She is one of a growing number of activists turning to civil disobedience - even sabotage - out of frustration with the legal system they feel should be designed to safeguard natural resources.
With a Sunday deadline for Mexican nationals to register to vote in the 2006 presidential election, local activists launched last-ditch efforts to register voters while Mexican officials ramped up an $8 million media blitz.
Mountain Justice Summer helped reinvigorate the anti-mountaintop removal movement," said John Johnson, a Knoxville-based activist with Katuah Earth First
Root divides judicial thought into two schools: activist judges who protect individual liberties on the one hand, and judges who practice judicial restraint, thereby allowing legislatures to trample individual liberties on the other.
The design of epidemiologic studies to address activist concerns is problematic, however, particularly because the exposure assessments themselves pose challenges (Brody and Rudel 2003).
In The Most Activist Supreme Court in History (a title that could earn the Coulter Citation for Rhetorical Subtlety), political scientist Thomas Keck gives credit to a practice that has long been the rhetorical whipping boy of the legal right: judicial activism.
His design for an itinerant encampment, a quasi-Minimalist structure adapted to meet urban codes, is currently used in several cities and joins Kryzsztof Wodiczko's Homeless Vehicle, 1988-89, and Lucy Orta's activist structure, The Mobile Intervention Unit VI, 2002, to form part of "Nomads," one of four categories into which "The Interventionists" is divided.
Marie Trigona is an activist and independent journalist based in Argentina.
1969: Civil rights activist James Forman marches into a service at the mostly white Riverside Church in New York City and begins reading his "Black Manifesto.
This is an activist study; Ransby's treatment of Baker's life is not so much intent upon installing her name on the civil rights marquee as it is concerned with distilling the principles that Baker advocated and conveying her approach to social change.
Legal browser ?
- Actiones nominatae
- Actions ordinary
- Actions rescissory
- active application
- active attention
- active discouragement
- active element
- active espousal
- active giving
- active ill will
- active partisan
- active partisans
- active reformer
- active reformers
- active study
- active supporters
- active thought
- actively represent
- Acton burnell
- Actor qui contra regulam quid adduxit
- Actor sequitur forum rei
- Actore non probante reus absolvitur
- Acts of court
- Acts of sederunt
- Acts of Union
- actual authority
- actual bodily harm
- Actual Cash Value
- actual controversy
- actual existence
- actual grant presumed
- actual knowledge
- Actual Notice
- actual occurrence
- actual possession
- actual reality
Full browser ?
- activin receptor type-1
- activin receptor type-1B
- activin receptor type-1C
- activin receptor type-2B
- Activin Receptor-Interacting Protein 1
- Activin Receptor-Like Kinase
- Activin receptor-like kinase 2
- Activin receptor-like kinase 3
- Activin receptor-like kinase 4
- Activin receptor-like kinase 5
- activin receptor-like kinase 6
- Activin receptor-like kinase 7
- activin-A receptor type-II-like kinase, 53kD
- activin-A receptor type-II-like kinase, 53kDa
- Activin-Like Kinase 3
- Activism Orientation Scale
- Activist Government Policies
- Activist Government Policy
- Activist Health Collective of Ottawa
- Activist investor
- Activist Investors
- Activist judge
- Activist judge
- Activist judges
- activist justice
- Activist Media Project
- Activist Policies
- Activist Policy
- Activist San Diego
- Activist's Times Incorporated
- Activists Network for Disabled People
- Activité Camping Plein Air
- Activité Physique et Sportive
- Activité Principale de l'Entreprise
- Activité Principale Exercée
- Activiteiten Vereniging Zuid Limburg