References in periodicals archive ?
61-63)," Aevum 52 (1978): 195-217; Nino Borsellino, "Un pronostico per Guido (Inferno X.
2) In these constellations, medieval is no longer restricted to the medium aevum, in the literal sense of "the era in between" antiquity and Renaissance.
In his digest of the period, Hankins suggests that the great merit of Renaissance philosophy is the common conviction that classical antiquity constitutes a reservoir of excellence, literary, artistic, intellectual and moral, to which debased and decadent "modern times" could turn in order to repair the barbaric and corrupt medium aevum that followed the fall of the Roman Empire.
Nevertheless, his attempt to describe sociocultural time through three planes of time (or types as in typology in relation to the organisational referential aspect of time as topological)--aeternitas, aevum and tempus (Sorokin 1964:215-216)--could be considered conceptually central to his general approach.
14) See Vittorio Peri, "Il numero dei concili ecumenici nella tradizione cattolica moderna," Aevum 37 (1963) 433-501; Peri, I concili e le chiese (Rome: Studium, 1965); and Peri, Da oriente e da occidente: Le Chiese cristiane dall'Impero romano all'Europa moderna, 2 vols.
Aevum Ltd (ASX:AVE) has posted an annual net loss of A$12.
sed ille,/si foret hoc nostrum fato dilatus in aevum,/detereret sibi multa, recideret omne quod ultra/perfectum traheretur, et in versu faciendo/saepe caput scaberet vivos et roderet unguis
Aevum sortiti sumus quo plane indoctis nihil turpius, plene doctis nihil rarius.
Levy, Nine Verse Sermons by Nicholas Bozon: The Art of an Anglo-Norman Poet and Preacher, Medium Aevum Monographs, n.
The aevum is an in-between realm between eternity (the divine depth beyond time) and the corrupted world where humans live in sequential time.
La questione della cornice del Decameron," Aevum 49 (1975): 137-56.
The word medieval comes from the Latin words medium, "middle," and aevum (EE-vum), "lifetime" or "age.
Legal browser ?
- aequalitas temporum
- Aequilas sequitier legem
- Aequitas agit in personam
- aequo animo
- Aequum et bonum
- aequus animus
- aes alienum
- aes alienum contrahere
- aesthetic judgment
- Aestimatio praeteriti delicti ex postremo facto nunquam crescit
- aetate provectus
- affect detrimentally
- affect dishonorably
- affect entirely
- affect injuriously
- affected manner
- affecting a previous act
- affecting the nation as a whole
- affecting the past
Full browser ?
- AEW Aircraft Ground Weather Center
- AEW Mason