References in classic literature ?
Externally, the jollity of aged men has much in common with the mirth of children; the intellect, any more than a deep sense of humour, has little to do with the matter; it is, with both, a gleam that plays upon the surface, and imparts a sunny and cheery aspect alike to the green branch and grey, mouldering trunk.
This airy hall, therefore, over the Collector's apartments, remains unfinished to this day, and, in spite of the aged cobwebs that festoon its dusky beams, appears still to await the labour of the carpenter and mason.
As the boat stopped, a black woman came running wildly up the plank, darted into the crowd, flew up to where the slave gang sat, and threw her arms round that unfortunate piece of merchandise before enumerate--"John, aged thirty," and with sobs and tears bemoaned him as her husband.
Well aged parent," said Wemmick, shaking hands with him in a cordial and jocose way, "how am you?
Pip, aged parent," said Wemmick, "and I wish you could hear his name.
Sir Edmund Andros looked at the old man; then he cast his hard and cruel eye over the multitude, and beheld them burning with that lurid wrath, so difficult to kindle or to quench; and again he fixed his gaze on the aged form, which stood obscurely in an open space, where neither friend nor foe had thrust himself.
Some reported that, when the troops had gone from King Street, and the people were thronging tumultuously in their rear, Bradstreet, the aged Governor, was seen to embrace a form more aged than his own.
The Aged Man was about to speak further, but the meeting informally adjourned in order to sweep the floor of the temple - for the men of Gakwak are the tidiest housewives in all that province.
There too was Cephalus the father of Polemarchus, whom I had not seen for a long time, and I thought him very much aged.
I replied: There is nothing which for my part I like better, Cephalus, than conversing with aged men; for I regard them as travellers who have gone a journey which I too may have to go, and of whom I ought to enquire, whether the way is smooth and easy, or rugged and difficult.
They would have none to witness their labours and intrude on their hopes, but the aged stones and grand old oaks.
When the bachelor had given her in connection with almost every tomb and flat grave-stone some history of its own, he took her down into the old crypt, now a mere dull vault, and showed her how it had been lighted up in the time of the monks, and how, amid lamps depending from the roof, and swinging censers exhaling scented odours, and habits glittering with gold and silver, and pictures, and precious stuffs, and jewels all flashing and glistening through the low arches, the chaunt of aged voices had been many a time heard there, at midnight, in old days, while hooded figures knelt and prayed around, and told their rosaries of beads.
Legal browser ?
- against free commerce
- against free mercantilism
- against free trade
- against one’s wil
- against one’s will
- against open business
- against open markets
- against reason
- against the admonition of law
- Against the form of the statute
- against the law
- against the rules
- Against the will
- Age Discrimination
- age of consent
- age of consent North Carolina
- age of discretion
- age of majority
- Age of Reason
- age of responsibility
- Age Requirement for Holding Office
- Age requirement to be left home alone, Oklahoma
- Aged witness
- agency of the state
- Agent and patient
- agent for acceptance of service
- agent provocateur
Full browser ?
- Age-Weighted Profit-Sharing Plan
- Age-Weighted Profit-Sharing Plans
- Age-Weighted Pupil Unit
- Age/Sex Rates
- Agean sea
- Agean sea
- Agean sea
- Aged and Community Care division
- Aged and Community Care Informatics Conference
- Aged and Community Care Management Information System
- Aged and Community Services
- Aged and Community Services Australia, Inc.
- Aged and Disability Care Information Service
- Aged and Disabled Waiver
- Aged and Infirmed
- Aged Articles of Commerce
- Aged Care and Rehabilitation Service
- Aged Care Assessment Program
- Aged Care Assessment Service
- Aged Care Assessment Team
- Aged Care Funding Instrument
- Aged Care Management Services
- Aged Care Planning Advisory Committee
- Aged Care Quality Association
- Aged Care Queensland
- Aged Care Queensland Inc.
- Aged Care Rehabilitation Unit
- Aged Care Services
- Aged Care Services Australia Group
- Aged Care Standards Accreditation Agency
- Aged Core Leather Gloves
- Aged fail
- Aged Fails
- Aged Garlic Extract
- Aged Individual
- Aged Ministers Assistance
- aged out