Mentioned in ?
References in classic literature ?
The time passed at length, and the appointed day we so longed for arrived; and, all following out the arrangement and plan which, after careful consideration and many a long discussion, we had decided upon, we succeeded as fully as we could have wished; for on the Friday following the day upon which I spoke to Zoraida in the garden, the renegade anchored his vessel at nightfall almost opposite the spot where she was.
Are you aware that there is a ship anchored inside the islands?
Meantime the chief mate, with an almost visible effect of collaboration on the part of his round eyes and frightful whiskers, was trying to evolve a theory of the anchored ship.
At the expiration of an hour's struggling with the waves, it reached the spot where the admiral's vessel was anchored, and from the side of which two boats had already been dispatched towards their aid.
The Columbia, however, is believed to be the first ship that made a regular discovery and anchored within its waters, and it has since generally borne the name of that vessel.
They ascended the Missouri, passed through the stupendous gates of the Rocky Mountains, hitherto unknown to white men; discovered and explored the upper waters of the Columbia, and followed that river down to its mouth, where their countryman, Gray, had anchored about twelve years previously.
It was four, as a matter of fact, ere a steamer with a melodious bargeful of hounds anchored at that landing.
The great beast was sheeted and anchored from trunk to tail, and the curve of his back stood out against the sky line.
On deep five fathoms, and anchored fast to the bottom.
When she had first seen the anchored ship upon the quiet water, Jane Clayton's heart had beat fast with hope and thanksgiving, but as she drew closer to the craft and saw that it was the Kincaid, her pleasure gave place to the gravest misgivings.
has anchored off the coast of Newfoundland, and has sent ashore to increase his supplies of water before he sails for England.
The yawl at this place was anchored some way from the shore, and we had fears for her safety from robbers during the night.
Legal browser ?
- ancestral descent
- ancestral relative
- ancient demesne
- ancient documents
- ancient lights
- Ancient Writing
- Ancient writings
- Ancillary Administration
- ancillary jurisdiction
- ancillary relief
- And of administration
- anesthetic agent
Full browser ?
- Anchorage School District
- Anchorage School District Summer Academy
- Anchorage School District Teacher Academy
- Anchorage Ski Club Race Team
- anchorage slip
- Anchorage Society for Human Resource Management
- Anchorage Sports Officials Association
- anchorage system
- Anchorage Telephone Utility
- Anchorage Terminal Radar Approach Control
- Anchorage Times
- Anchorage Transparent LAN Service
- Anchorage Waldorf Education Association
- Anchorage Water and Wastewater Utility
- Anchorage Weavers and Spinners Guild
- Anchorage West Little League
- Anchorage Wide Area Radio Network
- Anchorage Zen Community
- anchorage zone
- Anchorage, AK, USA - Anchorage International
- Anchorage, Alaska
- anchorage-dependent cell
- anchored bulkhead
- anchored catalyst
- anchored dune
- Anchored Geodesic Packet Forwarding
- anchored graphic
- Anchored Interplanetary Monitoring Platform
- Anchored Polymerase Chain Reaction
- Anchored Quantified Regular Expression
- anchored-type ceramic veneer
- anchorin C2
- Anchorin CII