Mentioned in ?
References in periodicals archive ?
The annalist tells us that members of his entourage complained that people were illegally forsaking their villages and that officials were not taking up their duties.
Although the annalist wrote down the story of Cynewulf and Cyneheard during the late Anglo-Saxon period and, therefore, was probably familiar with terms such as unrihtwif and unrightaemed [unlawful wife (and) illicit intercourse], he did not choose to use them when he wrote of the woman at Merton.
77) As his incomplete "Memories" and his two lectures on Newfoundland attest, in his final academic endeavours, which were devoted entirely to the history of Newfoundland, Mullock seemed to have summarized all that he had learned from the Franciscan annalists of Spain, Italy, and Ireland and from a lifetime of reading what was closest to his heart: Irish, French, and particularly British historians.
Unlike Freud, while making progress in his theory's development, Ferenczi proposed a technique in which the annalist could have a more active role, in order to trigger elaborations in the patient.
It is only after this that the annalist turns to their sacrilegious treatment of churches and churchmen.
In Mexico City, Chimalpahin was the last of the great annalists, and he was writing only into the 1620s.
5) The annalist typically wrote the year at the top of each page, placed a vertical column for the names of months and days (both Gregorian and Hijri or Islamic dating) along one side of the page, thus making horizontal spaces for entries.
Emerentia Lonergan, the community annalist from 1899 to 1917, who had been both a former teacher and mistress of the boarding school, described the community's reflections on this gathering:
Book 13, Item 6, in which a court annalist predicts the demise of the state of Zhongshan after having observed that its ruler does nothing to prevent his people from abandoning themselves to customs such as "listening to mournful music.
For 1885-1924, they are years in which prices first appear in the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) listings of The Annalist, Bradstreet's, The Commercial and Financial Chronicle, or The New York Times.
An early Annals interest in a variety of "discourses" and in the project of creating inventories of what several of Rublack's authors refer to as the "repertoire[s] of explanation" (Lindemann, 136) for the "stories" (279) told by and available to early modern men and women can be found in the work of Annalist Lucien Febvre, for example, in his complex book on Rabelais (The Problem of Unbelief in the Sixteenth Century: The Religion of Rabelais, originally 1942; now also in Beatrice Gottlieb's translation, [Cambridge: Harvard UP, 1982]), and thus not just in Michel Foucault's somewhat later articulations (even though several of the Annals scholars have admitted the influence of Foucault's early work).
Fortunately, one Christian annalist abstained from joining his colleagues in the malevolent defamation of the Jews.
Legal browser ?
- animam edere
- animum attendere
- animum frangere
- Animus ad se omne jus ducit
- Animus cancellandi
- animus donandi
- Animus furandi
- animus gerendi
- animus ingratus
- Animus manendi
- Animus moninis est anima scripti
- Animus recipiendi
- Animus revertendi
- animus submissus
- animus testandi
- annex for public use
- Anni nubiles
- Anno domini
- Annonae civiles
- annotated text
- announce a conclusion
- announce authoritatively
- announce in advance
Full browser ?
- Annadel State Park
- Annagul Annakulieva
- Annaka, Gunma
- Annaklych Miatadzhi
- Annakulieva, Annagul
- Annakut Festival
- Annale School of History
- Annalee Mobilitee Dolls, Inc.
- Annales Academiae Scientiarum Fennicae
- Annales Archéologiques Arabes Syriennes
- Annales de Toxicologie Analytique
- Annales Française d'Anesthésie et de Réanimation
- Annales History
- Annales Mathématiques Blaise Pascal
- Annales School
- Annales School of History
- Annali Dello Spiritismo
- Annalong Canoe and Kayak Club
- Annals of Agricultural and Environmental Medicine
- Annals of Applied Probability
- Annals of Applied Statistics
- Annals of Archaeology and Anthropology
- Annals of Biomedical Engineering
- Annals of Botany
- Annals of Clinical and Laboratory Science
- Annals of Clinical Microbiology and Antimicrobials
- Annals of Discrete Mathematics
- Annals of Emergency Medicine
- Annals of Family Medicine
- Annals of Human Genetics
- Annals of Improbable Research
- Annals of Information Systems
- Annals of Internal Medicine
- Annals of Irreproducible Results
- Annals of Mathematical Statistics