answering a complaint

Ask a Lawyer


Country: United States of America
State: California

I am being sued by a contractor in Superior court over a much disputed payment. Because of the amount of money (7800.00) I cannot get a lawyer to take the case. I have only 1 week left to file a response with the court. Can I do this myself? What forms will I need and what is the procedure?