Mentioned in ?
References in classic literature ?
So far as the eye might reach there was nothing but arid sweltering sand and karoo scrub.
It was a fruitless search, however, in so far as antelope is concerned; but one night as I lay courting sleep at the edge of a little cluster of date-palms that surround an ancient well in the midst of the arid, shifting sands, I suddenly became conscious of a strange sound coming apparently from the earth beneath my head.
The ape-man feared from what he judged of the location of the machine that it had fallen among the almost impassable gorges of the arid country just beyond the fertile basin that was bounded by the hills to the east of him.
In similar manner he collected lists of strong phrases, the phrases of living language, phrases that bit like acid and scorched like flame, or that glowed and were mellow and luscious in the midst of the arid desert of common speech.
One of them said, "The Sun, now while he is single, parches up the marsh, and compels us to die miserably in our arid homes.
The whole vast plain of Gascony and of Languedoc is an arid and profitless expanse in winter save where the swift-flowing Adour and her snow-fed tributaries, the Louts, the Oloron and the Pau, run down to the sea of Biscay.
Are these plains composed of arid sand, as the first astronomer maintained?
3] We see nearly the whole of Australia covered by lofty trees, yet that country possesses a far more arid climate.
Now runneth she foolishly in the arid wilderness, and seeketh and seeketh the soft sward--mine old, wild wisdom!
He fancied she would not throw stones, and would go simply arid directly to see Anna, and would receive her in her own house.
The hills, purple and arid, stood out heavily on the sky: their summits seemed to fade into a coloured tremble as of ascending vapour; their steep sides were streaked with the green of narrow ravines; at their foot lay rice-fields, plantain-patches, yellow sands.
IN the central portion of the great North American Continent there lies an arid and repulsive desert, which for many a long year served as a barrier against the advance of civilisation.
Legal browser ?
- arguer in defense
- argument at the bar
- Argument list
- argumentative person
- arguments at the bar
- Argumentum a divisione est fortissimum in jure
- Argumentum a majori ad minus negative non valet; valet e converso
- Argumentum a simili valet in lege
- Argumentum ab authoritate est fortissimum in lege
- Argumentum ab impossibili plurmum valet in lege
- Argumentum ab inconvenienti
- arise from
- arm of the law
- Arm of the sea
- arma homini adimere
- armed action
- armed attack
- armed band
- armed enemy
- armed response vehicle
- Armed robbery in Vietnam
- Armed Services
Full browser ?
- ARIC Box Library Extension
- Arica therapy
- Arica, Chile - Chacalluta
- Aricept odt
- Aricept odt
- Arid Agriculture University Rawalpindi
- Arid and Semi-Arid Land
- arid biogeographic zone
- Arid Chaco
- Arid Chaco
- arid climate
- Arid Climate, Adaptation and Cultural Innovation in Africa
- ARID domain-containing 3A
- ARID domain-containing protein 1A
- ARID domain-containing protein 1B
- ARID domain-containing protein 2
- ARID domain-containing protein 3A
- ARID domain-containing protein 3B
- ARID domain-containing protein 3C
- ARID domain-containing protein 4A
- ARID domain-containing protein 4B
- ARID domain-containing protein 5A
- ARID domain-containing protein 5B
- arid erosion
- Arid Forest Research Institute
- Arid Land Agricultural Research Center
- Arid Land Hydrologic Modeling
- Arid Lands Agricultural Development Program
- Arid Lands and Resource Management Project
- Arid Lands Ecology Reserve
- Arid Lands Information Center
- Arid Lands Information Network
- Arid Lands Newsletter
- Arid Lands Resource Management Programme
- Arid Lithogenesis