Mentioned in ?
References in classic literature ?
My nerves had hardly grown quiet after this affair when they got another shake-up--one which utterly unmanned me for a moment: a rumor swept suddenly through the camp that one of the barkeepers had fallen over a precipice!
But the sweetmeat seller in the camp lent him a little tom-tom--a drum beaten with the flat of the hand--and he sat down, cross-legged, before Kala Nag as the stars began to come out, the tom-tom in his lap, and he thumped and he thumped and he thumped, and the more he thought of the great honor that had been done to him, the more he thumped, all alone among the elephant fodder.
I am going presently to set fire to their camp and force them to march.
About a mile from the main camp we encountered their outposts and, as had been prearranged, accepted this as the signal to charge.
It was no more than an ordinary camp marking- flag; but the regiment, always punctilious in matters of millinery, had charged it with the regimental device, the Red Bull, which is the crest of the Mavericks - the great Red Bull on a background of Irish green.
He had never seen the white men again, nor had he ventured near their old camp.
He never played and gambolled about with the other puppies of the camp.
In consequence, efforts were being directed by the head men of the bearers to making a more permanent camp in the wilderness.
Morison Baynes entered the camp to be greeted by Hanson, Korak slipped noiselessly into a near-by tree.
If in the neighborhood of your camp there should be any hilly country, ponds surrounded by aquatic grass, hollow basins filled with reeds, or woods with thick undergrowth, they must be carefully routed out and searched; for these are places where men in ambush or insidious spies are likely to be lurking.
The horse was accordingly taken possession of, as an estray; but a more vigilant watch than usual was kept round the camp at nights, lest his former owners should be upon the prowl.
When all was safe as possible against attack of wild beasts and savage men, Lieutenant Charpentier placed sentries about the little camp and the tired and hungry men threw themselves upon the ground to sleep.
Legal browser ?
- Calvo Clause
- Calvo Doctrine
- came to determination
- Camera stellata
- Cameras in Court
- campaign promises
- Campbell, Ben Nighthorse
- Campbell, John
- Campbell, John Archibald
- Campbell, William Joseph
- Can a 16 year old move out of state with an 18 year old fiance?
- Can a bondsman make you pay the remainder of a bond?
- Can a company name the same item on credit report twice?
- Can a judge change a written contract between parties?
- Can a public citizen access murder transcripts?
- Can a restraining order be cancelled by filing a motion?
- Can a special education student be arrested at school?
- Can defendant sue attorney
- Can embezzlement charges settle?
- Can evidence found by accident be used?
- Can foreigner buy New York apartment
- can mother access child's house
- Can mother stop hospital visits of fathers's kids
- can one person serve time for another?
- Can parties settle car accident themselves?
- Can still be prosecuted for writing checks after bankruptcy?
- Can students be denied housing
- can suit be brought in international court
- Can wife beb taken off deed
- Canada and the United States
Full browser ?
- Campomelic Dysplasia
- campomelic dysplasia, autosomal sex-reversal
- Campos Cerrados
- Campos Verdes Alternative Magnet School
- Campos virus
- Campos, Arsenio Martínez de
- Campos, Brazil
- Campos, Brazil
- Campral EC
- Camps Basket Association
- Camps et Échanges de Jeunes
- Camps Farthest Out, Inc.
- camps it up
- Camps Jeunesse Sports Aventure
- camps out
- Campsis radicans
- Camptodactyly, Tall Stature, and Hearing Loss Syndrome
- Camptodactyly-Arthropathy-Coxa vara-Pericarditis syndrome
- camptomelic dwarfism
- camptomelic dwarfism