Mentioned in ?
References in classic literature ?
However, the English of this catalogue is at least as happy as that which distinguishes an inscription upon a certain picture in Rome--to wit:
The catalogue in the "Iliad," which the writer is here presumably following, makes the same mistake ("Il.
They called to mind, also, a long catalogue of foregone presentiments and predictions made at various times by the Delaware, and, in their superstitious credulity, began to consider him a veritable seer; without thinking how natural it was to predict danger, and how likely to have the prediction verified in the present instance, when various signs gave evidence of a lurking foe.
Her friend had furnished her with a catalogue of his perfections in gross, which her active thoughts were busily arranging into form and substance.
The assertion was unfounded; but were it otherwise, it might be met by stating that their language is almost entirely destitute of terms to express the delightful ideas conveyed by our endless catalogue of civilized crimes.
Such a catalogue of riches was too tempting to be resisted; besides the poor Snake languished after the prairies; he was tired, he said, of salmon, and longed for buffalo meat, and to have a grand buffalo hunt beyond the mountains.
Our somewhat wearisome perusal of this startling catalogue of volumes has left behind it a certain personal affection and sympathy, though by no means admiration, for M.
I have been making a duplicate of the catalogue of my father's books and pictures.
Spielhagen is a voluminous writer, and such a catalogue took some time; at the end of it moreover Vogelstein's question was not answered, for he couldn't have told us whether she liked Spielhagen or not.
There is a master of scoffing, that in his catalogue of books of a feigned library, sets down this title of a book, The Morris-Dance of Heretics.
Beebe down at Summer Street as he smiled over a letter from Miss Catharine Alan; on George Emerson cleaning his father's boots; and lastly, to complete the catalogue of memorable things, on the red book mentioned previously.
The kitchen was empty when he came back to it; but his tobacco-pouch and pipe had been laid on the table, and under them was a scrap of paper torn from the back of a seedsman's catalogue, on which three words were written: "Don't trouble, Ethan.
Legal browser ?
- Casual Ejector
- casualty loss
- casus belli
- casus foederis
- Casus foedoris
- Casus fortuitus
- Casus fortuitus non est sperandus
- Casus omissus
- Catalla juste possessa amitti non possunt
- Catalla repuntantur inter minima in lege
- Catalogue fraud charge
- catalogue of persons
- catch a glimpse of
- catch again
- catch by artifice
- catch by perfidy
- catch fire
- catch phrase
- catch sight of
- catch the attention
- catch the eye
- catch unprepared
- catch up
- Catching bargain
Full browser ?
- cataloging and rapid entry process
- Cataloging Committee: Description and Access
- Cataloging Distribution Data Processing
- Cataloging in Publication
- Cataloging Policy & Support Office
- Cataloging Policy Committee
- Cataloging Reengineering System
- Cataloging Tools On Line
- Cataloging Tools on Line System
- Cataloging Working Group
- Catalogo Colectivo de las Universidades de Catalunya
- Catalogo Informatico Riviste Culturali Europee
- Catalogo Informatizzato Biblioteche Istituti Area
- Catalogo Unico Biblioteche Astronomiche Italiane
- Catalogs and Surveys Branch
- Catalogue Collectif de France
- Catalogue Critique des Ressources Textuelles sur Internet
- Catalogue Data Distribution System
- Catalogue des Actes Médicaux
- Catalogue des Bibliothèques du Québec
- Catalogue des Documents de Référence
- Catalogue des Manuscrits Notés des Bibliothèques Publiques de France
- Catalogue des Postes Normalisés
- Catalogue et Index des Sites Médicaux Francophones
- Catalogue Européen des Déchets
- Catalogue fraud charge
- Catalogue Général de la Littérature Française
- Catalogue Interoperability Subsystem
- Catalogue Item
- Catalogue Item Confirmation
- Catalogue Item Confirmation State
- Catalogue Item Master
- Catalogue Item Notification
- Catalogue Item Publication
- Catalogue Item Subscription
- Catalogue of Arcade Emulation Software - the Absolute Reference
- Catalogue of Australian Antarctic and Subantarctic Metadata
- Catalogue of Data Services
- Catalogue of English Literary Manuscripts
- Catalogue of Galactic Planetary Nebulae
- Catalogue of Galaxies and of Clusters of Galaxies
- Catalogue of Life
- Catalogue of New World Grasses
- Catalogue of Open Cluster Data
- Catalogue of Oregon Marine and Coastal Information