201) In fact, clients have been held contributorily
negligent for failing to inquire about the case's progress only in those cases in which the client was clearly on notice that the lawyer would not be able to comply with the deadline, yet took no action.
The defendant argued in its defense that the plaintiff was contributorily
negligent, and that while being hospitalized he signed a compromise agreement with the defendant, releasing it from liability.
43) To their credit, some online hosts devote resources to combating counterfeit products discovered on their websites, lest they wish to be found contributorily
liable for their users' activities.
88) If the ISP directly controls and monitors its site and learns that infringing items are being sold, then it could be contributorily
liable for infringement.
41) Additionally, non-passengers who suffered tortious injury caused by the MBTA and were not contributorily
negligent could also sue the MBTA.
It is likely that if the case were to go to trial, Gunter would be found to have been contributorily
negligent and would be barred from recovering any damages from Acme.
MDY brought a declaratory judgment action to determine whether it could be held contributorily
liable for the supposedly infringing acts of Blizzard's own customers.
The jury found the guests were contributorily
negligent, allocated 40% liability to them, and reduced their recovery accordingly.
Was the fact that Amy Bauer was a nurse a factor in finding the Bauers contributorily
67) Claiming that the employer "violated a 'statute enacted for the safety of employees,'" the plaintiffs claimed that "Section 53 bars a finding that Captain Allen was contributorily
The court found that in this case, the defendants' claim that the evidence regarding the patient's methamphetamine use should have been admitted to establish that he was contributorily
negligent in causing his heart attack.
In April 2003, Plaintiffs and others separately filed suit against Defendant in a New York federal court, claiming that Defendant was vicariously and contributorily
liable for copyright infringement by Napster and/or Napster's users.