References in periodicals archive ?
The book may actually most be a dirge for the old Israel -- the Israel of secular Labor and idealism.
They are being held to ransom by the Dirge because they are desperate to obtain something of their grandmother's which the children have in their possession, one of the Great Uncommon Good objects of power.
Because it was the first word in the chant used in the service for the dead, dirge became the common word for this chant.
Only Catherine, Callum's wretched sister who managed to escape the eternal life as a Dirge and who then tried to kill Alex, has the key to unlocking the secret.
Callum has a disturbing story to tell--he was drowned, but is not really dead, but has become a Dirge who has to fight off debilitating depression by feeding off happy human memories.
While clans are assembling, women begin to sing the first funeral dirge.
Gritty, blues-driven strange raw dirge from the Nashville band that's concocted a sound all its own - and it'll challenge your sanity through its psychedelic twists and turns.
We ring the bells when princes are born, or toll a mournful dirge when great men pass away.
And then up out of that dark night, eclipse and dirge of black toilet
David Gray, St David's Hall, Cardiff, Saturday: Plodding guitar dirge for people who only buy one albuma year.
The mournful dirge sounded repugnant and very distasteful, and could be the anthem of binge-drinkers everywhere, the morning afterwards, on both sides of the Atlantic.
But none would've uncovered verses that seemed so perfectly appropriate (``I'm waiting for that moment when the new world is revealed''), and few would have transformed it into a prayerful dirge that could have wrung tears from fans a football field away from the stage.
Legal browser ?
- directed verdict
- directing agency
- directing head
- directing power
- direction post
- direction to imprison
- directly affected by the outcome of a controversy
- directly after
- Director of Consumer Affairs
- Director of Public Prosecutions
- Director of the mint
- Dirimant impediments
- disability discrimination
- Disability payments
- Disability Rights Commission
- disaccord with
Full browser ?
- Diretoria de Desenvolvimento Social
- Diretoria de Ensino Especial
- Diretoria de Marcas
- Diretoria de Patentes
- Diretoria de Pesquisa e Pós-Graduação
- Diretoria de Recursos Humanos
- Diretoria de Tecnologia
- Diretoria de Tecnologias Aplicadas à Educação
- Diretorio Academico
- Diretório Acadêmico Alfredo Balena
- Diretório Acadêmico Getulio Vargas
- Diretorio Central Dos Estudantes
- Direttore Servizi Generali Amministrativi
- Direttore Tecnico Regionale Aerobica
- Direzione Centrale per i Servizi Antidroga
- Direzione del Diritto Internazionale Pubblico
- Direzione Distrettuale Antimafia
- Direzione Generale Affari Economici
- Direzione Generale Affari Politici
- Direzione Generale dell'Energia e delle Risorse Minerarie
- Direzione Generale Integrazione Europea
- Direzione Investigativa Antimafia
- Direzione Nazionale Antimafia
- Direzione Provinciale Servizi Vari
- Dirham & Dinar Financial Corporation
- Dirichlet box principle
- Dirichlet character
- Dirichlet conditions
- Dirichlet domain
- Dirichlet drawer principle