Mentioned in ?
References in classic literature ?
Is not the love of wealth as domineering and enterprising a passion as that of power or glory?
The Northwest Company, acting feebly and partially upon the suggestions of its former agent, Sir Alexander Mackenzie, had pushed one or two advanced trading posts across the Rocky Mountains, into a tract of country visited by that enterprising traveller, and since named New Caledonia.
Antiquarians concede that such a personage as Hercules did exist in ancient times and agree that he was an enterprising and energetic man, but decline to believe him a good, bona- fide god, because that would be unconstitutional.
If ever two individuals offered a striking contrast to each other, these were certainly Michel Ardan and the Yankee Barbicane; both, moreover, being equally enterprising and daring, each in his own way.
I was, and I am, sensible that the air of this chamber, in its strong combination of stable with soup-stock, might have led one to infer that the coaching department was not doing well, and that the enterprising proprietor was boiling down the horses for the refreshment department.
They have seen with regret and indignation that sudden changes and legislative interferences, in cases affecting personal rights, become jobs in the hands of enterprising and influential speculators, and snares to the more-industrious and lessinformed part of the community.
William Sublette, the enterprising leader of the Rocky Mountain Fur Company, had, two or three years previously, reached the valley of the Wind River, which lies on the northeast of the mountains; but had proceeded with them no further.
com)-- Monica Smiley, publisher and CEO of Enterprising Women magazine, has appointed Andrea Conner, Mary Frantz and Marti Hedge to serve on the Enterprising Women advisory board.
The idea of becoming a driveway cleaner struck when he was offered an appointment with enterprise agency Be Enterprising and started discussions on how else he could use his plumbing equipment.
THE search is on for the West Midlands' most enterprising cities, villages, towns and neighbourhoods.
THE search is on for Wales' most enterprising place.
Legal browser ?
- enter hostilely
- enter into
- enter into a contract
- enter into a contractual obligation
- enter into a league
- enter into an account
- enter into collision
- enter into conflict with
- enter into detail
- enter into partnership with
- enter on a list
- enter on a record
- enter on a register
- enter the mind
- enter the picture
- enter those names designated as jurors
- enter uninvited
- enter unlawfully
- enter upon
- enter upon the domain of another
- enter wrongfully
- Entered into agreement with friend, friend terminated it
- Entering house while contract under sale
- entertain doubts
- entertain suspicions
- entertaining suspicion
- Entertainment Law
- Entia pars
- entire amount
- entire number
- entire quantity
- entirely defensible
- entirely occupied
Full browser ?
- Enterprise-Wide Referral and Authorization System
- Enterprise-Wide Resource Management
- Enterprise-Wide Risk Management
- Enterprise-Wide Scheduling & Registration
- Enterprise-Wide Scheduling and Registration
- Enterprise-Wide Solutions Steering Group
- Enterprise-Wide Systems Engineering
- Enterprise-Wide Technical Architecture
- Enterprise/Community Zones
- Enterprises Communication and Resource Planning
- Enterprising Competence-Europe Union
- Enterprising Dedicated Dynamic Youth
- Enterprising Global Citizenship
- Enterprising Non-Profits
- Enterprising Service Solutions Company
- Enterprising Travel Agents Association
- Enterprising Young Professionals Network
- Enterrement de Vie de Fille
- Enterrement de Vie de Garcon
- Enterrement de Vie de Garçon
- Enterrement de Vie de Jeune Fille
- Enters a Position
- enters head
- enters her head
- enters his head
- enters in
- enters into
- enters into