References in periodicals archive ?
After a careful analysis of the correspondence between Augustine and his questioners, Sieben identifies the literary form of epistulae responsivae, which was already implicitly present in the questions and responses of letters from classical antiquity.
119) Celestine I, Epistulae 18 Coelestini ad Synodum Ephesimm, PL 50:505A-B, as translated in Magee, Patriarchal Institution, pp.
Aristotle's Politica and Nichomachean Ethics, Xenophon's Oeconomicus, Cicero's De officiis, Seneca's Epistulae ad Lucilium and De brevitate vitae) so as to explain an economic discourse that disparages gain, is not focused on productivity, and identifies in the good management of the household a social and political function that benefits the community.
Avaritia puapertatem intulit et multa concupiscendo omnia amisit" Epistulae morales ad Lucilium, ed.
5) Calderon's basic conception is prefigured in Seneca's Epistulae morales ad Lucilium LXXVI and LXXVII.
published" (Marcus Tullius Cicero, Epistulae ad Atticum, trans.
1982); for the Epistulae and the Sermones, see Patrologie latine (P.
82) ne honesta iungant matrimonia, sed scottorum et aticottorum ritu ac de republica platonis promiscuas uxores, communes liberos habeant: Jerome, Epistulae, 69, ed.
She was awarded a DLitt by Stellenbosch University in 1986 for a dissertation entitled Poeta, Exsul, Vates: A Stylistic and Literary Analysis of Ovid's Tristia and Epistulae ex Ponto.
24) He had no officium of his own but was expected to rely on the services of the serinia, the clerks and advisers from the three principal secretariats of the memoria, epistulae, and libelli, whose magistri were subject to the magister officiorum.
Ovid in exile; power and poetic redress in the Tristia and Epistulae ex Ponto.
To strengthen the analogy between the United States and the Roman Empire, Pinsky concludes Part Two with a translation of Horace's Epistulae I, xvi, in which the Roman poet justifies his resignation to life in exile.
Legal browser ?
- eodem tempore
- Equal Access Act
- equal distribution of weight
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
- equal footing
- equal in effect
- equal in extent
- equal in force
- equal in measure
- equal in power
- equal in scope
- equal in significance
- equal in space
- equal in time
Full browser ?
- Epistolographic character of writing
- Epistulae obscurorum
- Epistulae obscurorum virorum