Mentioned in ?
References in classic literature ?
There were already a couple of score of passengers aboard, some of whom had expended their last money in securing a passage, but the captain lay off the Blackwater until five in the afternoon, picking up passengers until the seated decks were even dangerously crowded.
So much the better, for I have expended all mine in chartering a vessel.
The two piastres that Luigi received every month from the Count of San-Felice's steward, and the price of all the little carvings in wood he sold at Rome, were expended in ear-rings, necklaces, and gold hairpins.
My mother-in-law expended gold, caresses, dignities on Concini, who ruined her; the king made Vitry marechal of France for an assassination: while I have left in obscurity, in poverty, the noble D'Artagnan, who saved me
An office in the household, with merely nominal duties, had been assigned to her as a pretext for the payment of a small pension, the greater part of which she expended in adorning herself with an antique magnificence of attire.
Their whole time is expended and their ingenuity tasked by endeavors to eclipse each other in dress and decoration.
His friends tried to interfere with her, and said that it was an extravagance, and that the money that the perfume cost should have been expended on charitable relief of people in want, or something of that kind.
This was the secret of my purchase, and the true reason why this lovely girl had literally expended her last sou in making it.
It must blaze up, indeed, with a great brilliance the dull printer's ink expended on the assemblage of the few letters that form the ship's name to the anxious eyes scanning the page in fear and trembling.
The sun's rays had expended all their fury upon us; and to add to our discomfort, we had omitted to supply ourselves with water previous to starting.
Wise and holy men, the fathers of our religion, have expended their labors in clearing what was revealed from the obscurities of language, and the results of their experience and researches have been em bodied in the form of evangelical discipline That this discipline must be salutary, is evident from the view of the weakness of human nature that we have already taken; and that it may be profitable to us, and all who listen to its precepts and its liturgy, may God, in his infinite wisdom, grant
Yes, sire; and I have brought the plan and the accounts to your majesty," replied Fouquet, "I have expended sixteen hundred thousand livres in this operation.
Legal browser ?
- Expedit reipublicae ut sit finis litium
- expedited determination
- expedited judgment
- expeditious performance
- expel from the bar
- expel from the legal profession
- expend gradually
- expend slowly
- expenditure of energy
- Expensae litis
- expense of transportation
- expense outlay
- experience a loss
- experience loss
- experience unpleasantly
- experienced hand
- experienced person
- experienced personnel
- experienced view
Full browser ?
- Expendable launch system
- Expendable launch vehicle
- Expendable Light Marker
- expendable lubrication system
- Expendable Media Device
- Expendable Mine Disposal Vehicle
- Expendable Mine Neutralization System
- Expendable Mobile ASW Training Target
- Expendable Modular High Energy Laser
- expendable pattern
- Expendable Precision Emitter Location System
- expendable property
- Expendable Relay
- Expendable Reliable-Acoustic-Path Sonobuoy
- Expendable Retrievable Hollow Steel Carrier
- Expendable rocket
- Expendable Shear Probe
- Expendable Signal System
- Expendable Sound Source
- Expendable Sound Velocimeter
- Expendable Supplies & Materiels List
- expendable supplies and materials
- expendable supplies and materiel
- Expendable Turbine Engine
- Expendable Turbine Engine Concept
- Expendable Unmanned Vehicle
- expendable vehicle
- Expended Supplies And Materials List
- Expenditure Account Number
- Expenditure Accounting Classification
- Expenditure and Employment Data for the Criminal Justice System
- Expenditure and Procurement Policies Unit
- Expenditure Authority
- Expenditure Authorization
- Expenditure Authorization Document
- Expenditure Authorization Request
- Expenditure Finance Committee
- Expenditure Item Date
- expenditure of energy
- Expenditure on Manpower
- Expenditure Order
- Expenditure Per Sortie Factors