Mentioned in ?
- abstract of title
- accord and satisfaction
- Admiralty and Maritime Law
- Alaska Boundary Dispute
- blue sky law
- Boyfriend injured at home
- Brief for Appellee
- Brief for the Defendant in Error, Muller v. Oregon
- byway open to all traffic
- car rolls back and damages occurred
- charged for being drunk, assault
References in classic literature ?
I was just about to clamber along the jagged rocks which lie at the base of the cliff next to the sea, in search of some foothold to the top, when I chanced to see a canoe rounding the end of the island.
They would have baffled an ordinary man; but the ape-man, accustomed to climbing, saw several places where he might gain a foothold, precarious possibly; but enough to give him reasonable assurance of escape if Numa would but betake himself to the far end of the gulch for a moment.
An examination of the wreckage showed that their greatest danger, now, lay in fire, for the flames were licking hungrily at the splintered wood of the wrecked cabin, and had already found a foothold upon the lower deck through a great jagged hole which the explosion had opened.
It will be but a matter of a day or so when I can introduce him to Virginia, but we must be careful that she has no inkling of his origin until mutual affection has gained a sure foothold between them.
Already her stern loomed high in the air, and foothold on the deck was of the most precarious nature.
Port Adams is a salt-water village on Malaita, and Malaita is the most savage island in the Solomons--so savage that no traders or planters have yet gained a foothold on it; while, from the time of the earliest bˆche-de-mer fishers and sandalwood traders down to the latest labor recruiters equipped with automatic rifles and gasolene engines, scores of white adventurers have been passed out by tomahawks and soft-nosed Snider bullets.
I had just steadied my foothold on the uneven ground behind the tree, when the stillness of the twilight hour was suddenly broken by the distant sound of a voice.
In the open field it ranges itself in ranks and battalions; where it can get a foothold it makes a stand; where it can take cover it does so.
Beyond stretched the rugged rock, wet and shining, with a green tuft here and there thrusting out from it, but little sign of ridge or foothold.
Anne, clinging desperately to her precarious foothold, saw their flying forms and heard their shrieks.
We were a good sixty feet from the round, and, look where I would, I could see no foothold, nor as much as a crevice in the brick-work.
Over the ploughland riding was utterly impossible; the horse could only keep a foothold where there was ice, and in the thawing furrows he sank deep in at each step.
Legal browser ?
- Foltz, Clara Shortridge
- fond of home
- fond of investigation
- Food and Drug Administration
- food safety
- foot passenger
- foot the bill
- foot traveler
- Footnote 4
- for a beginning
- for a certainty
- for a select few
- for a still stronger reason
- for a time
- for all history
- for all to see
- for cause
- for each and every day
- for each day
- for- eign phrases: ubi lex aliquem cogit ostendere causam
- for ever and ever
- for every day
- For example
- for just reason
- for legitimate reason
- for mere discussion only
- for nothing
Full browser ?
- Foothills Acoustic Music Institute
- Foothills and Canyons Overlay Zone
- Foothills Art Center
- Foothills Asset Management Ltd.
- Foothills Climate Analysis Facility
- Foothills Concert Band
- Foothills Conservancy of North Carolina
- Foothills District Dietetic Association
- Foothills Dressage and Combined Training Club
- Foothills Elementary
- Foothills Energy Services, Ltd.
- Foothills Environmental Learning Center
- Foothills Foundation Quarter Horse Club
- Foothills Growth and Yield Association
- Foothills Habitat for Humanity
- Foothills Indian Horse Club
- Foothills Land Trust
- Foothills Library Association
- Foothills Major Baseball Association
- Foothills Middle School
- Foothills Nordic Ski Club
- foothills palo verde
- Foothills Park and Recreation District
- Foothills Regional Victim Services
- Foothills Search and Rescue
- Foothills Street Rod Association
- Foothills Wanderers Orienteering Club
- Foothills Wildlife Research Facility
- Footing beam
- Footing beam
- Footing course
- Footing course
- footing piece
- footing stone
- footing stop