Mentioned in ?
References in classic literature ?
exclaimed Beth, who firmly believed that her sisters were gifted with wonderful genius in all things.
I happened to be at that moment engaged in putting the case pathetically to our gifted Magdalen.
My gifted townsman stood gloomily apart, with folded arms, and I could have wished that his curls and forehead had been more probable.
Rebecca, thus endowed with knowledge as with beauty, was universally revered and admired by her own tribe, who almost regarded her as one of those gifted women mentioned in the sacred history.
For Agatha, prompt to ridicule sentimentality in her companions, and gifted with an infectious spirit of farce, secretly turned for imaginative luxury to visions of despair and death; and often endured the mortification of the successful clown who believes, whilst the public roar with laughter at him, that he was born a tragedian.
They illustrate the nature of the big jobs that the telephone has to offer to an ambitious and gifted young man of to-day.
He was deeply in love with a peasant girl, a vassal of his father's, the daughter of wealthy parents, and herself so beautiful, modest, discreet, and virtuous, that no one who knew her was able to decide in which of these respects she was most highly gifted or most excelled.
And now, O men who have condemned me, I would fain prophesy to you; for I am about to die, and in the hour of death men are gifted with prophetic power.
A GIFTED and Honourable Editor, who by practice of his profession had acquired wealth and distinction, applied to an Old Friend for the hand of his daughter in marriage.
Let us say to him: Come now, and we will ask you a question:-- when you spoke of a nature gifted or not gifted in any respect, did you mean to say that one man will acquire a thing easily, another with difficulty; a little learning will lead the one to discover a great deal; whereas the other, after much study and application, no sooner learns than he forgets; or again, did you mean, that the one has a body which is a good servant to his mind, while the body of the other is a hindrance to him?
I am but little gifted in the fables of what you call the Old World, seeing that my time has been mainly passed looking natur' steadily in the face, and in reasoning on what I've seen, rather than on what I've heard in traditions.
While I was yet inconsolable for his loss, another friend of mine in Yorkshire discovered an older and more gifted raven at a village public-house, which he prevailed upon the landlord to part with for a consideration, and sent up to me.
Legal browser ?
- ghostly form
- GI Bill
- Gibbons v. Ogden
- gibe at
- Gideon v. Wainwright
- gift aid
- gift by succession
- gift by will
- gift in contemplation of death
- Gift inter vivos
- gift of a freehold interest
- Gift of PC or theft
- gift of property by will
- gift tax
- gifts and loans
- gifts now said to be loan
- Gifts to Minors Act
- gifts with reservation
- Gignoux, Edward Thaxter
- Gilbert, Cass
- Gillett, Emma Melinda
- Gilpin, Henry Dilworth
- Gingrich, Newton Leroy
- Ginsburg, Douglas Howard
- Ginsburg, Ruth Bader
Full browser ?
- Giftcenter & Jewelrymart
- Gifted Advocacy Council of Hillsborough
- Gifted and talented
- Gifted and Talented Association
- Gifted and Talented Children Association
- Gifted and Talented Educated with Accelerated Youth
- Gifted and talented education
- Gifted and Talented Educational Services
- Gifted and Talented Independent Study
- Gifted and Talented Students
- Gifted Behaviors Rating Scale
- Gifted child
- Gifted Child Follows Dream Despite Parental Opposition
- Gifted Child Quarterly
- Gifted Child Today
- Gifted children
- Gifted Children's Association of British Columbia
- Gifted Creative and Talented
- Gifted Education in Mathematics
- Gifted Education Press Quarterly
- Gifted Education Programme
- Gifted Education Programme Alumni Association
- Gifted Education Research Resource and Information Centre
- Gifted Education Resource Institute
- Gifted Homeschoolers Forum
- Gifted Individualized Education Program
- Gifted Learners Student Care
- Gifted Online Accelerated Learning
- Gifted Opportunities
- Gifted Resource Center of New England
- Gifted Student Services Plan