Mentioned in ?
- a fortiori
- Automobile Searches
- Brief for Appellants in Nos. 1, 2 and 4 and for Respondents
- Business Record Exception
- Central Criminal Court
- Clear and Convincing Proof
- Confessio facta in judicio omni probatione major est
- cooperation procedure
References in classic literature ?
Perhaps it was because she was so grateful for this blessing that a greater was given her.
The young man was tried and convicted of the crime; but either the circumstantial nature of the evidence, and possibly some lurking doubts in the breast of the executive, or" lastly--an argument of greater weight in a republic than it could have been under a monarchy,--the high respectability and political influence of the criminal's connections, had availed to mitigate his doom from death to perpetual imprisonment.
A stain on his conscience, as to anything that came within the range of his vocation, would trouble such a man very much in the same way, though to a far greater degree, than an error in the balance of an account, or an ink-blot on the fair page of a book of record.
A slanting ray lingered on the woody crests of the precipices that overhung some parts of the river, giving greater depth to the dark gray and purple of their rocky sides.
It would have been impossible to carry a bad name with a greater sweetness of innocence, and by the time I had got back to Bly with him I remained merely bewildered--so far, that is, as I was not outraged-- by the sense of the horrible letter locked up in my room, in a drawer.
But I shall not anticipate the reader with further descriptions of this kind, because I reserve them for a greater work, which is now almost ready for the press; containing a general description of this empire, from its first erection, through along series of princes; with a particular account of their wars and politics, laws, learning, and religion; their plants and animals; their peculiar manners and customs, with other matters very curious and useful; my chief design at present being only to relate such events and transactions as happened to the public or to myself during a residence of about nine months in that empire.
Yet though there is a great difference between our manners, customs, civil government, and those of the Abyssins, there is yet a much greater in points of faith; for so many errors have been introduced and ingrafted into their religion, by their ignorance, their separation from the Catholic Church, and their intercourse with Jews, Pagans, and Mohammedans, that their present religion is nothing but a kind of confused miscellany of Jewish and Mohammedan superstitions, with which they have corrupted those remnants of Christianity which they still retain.
There are," replied Don Quixote, "and plenty of them; and it is right there should be, to set off the dignity of the prince, and for the greater glory of the king's majesty.
With equal, nay with greater reason, a body of men are unfit to be both judges and parties at the same time; yet what are many of the most important acts of legislation, but so many judicial determinations, not indeed concerning the rights of single persons, but concerning the rights of large bodies of citizens?
Those who chanced to be in sight spoke the names of warriors or women with whom they came in direct contact, in the formal greeting of their kind, but when it was discovered that they brought two captives a greater interest was aroused, and Dejah Thoris and I were the centers of inquiring groups.
Slowly she was gaining her way to the greater heights where safety lay, when, after a particularly daring leap, the swaying branch she grasped bent low beneath her weight, nor whipped upward again as it should have done.
For instance, a mountain is called small, a grain large, in virtue of the fact that the latter is greater than others of its kind, the former less.
Legal browser ?
- gray area
- Gray Panthers
- Gray, Horace
- Gray, John Chipman
- Gray, William Herbert, III
- graze against
- Great cattle
- Great charter
- great fear
- great feeling
- Great law
- great mishap
- great number
- great person
- great point
- great quantity
- Great Society
- great span of life
- great station
- greater number
- greater part
- greatest amount
- greatest degree
- greatest extent
- greatest number
- greatest part
- greatest possible
- greatest size
- Green Card
- Green card abandonment
- Green Party
- Green wax
- Greenberg, Jack
Full browser ?
- Great-St-Bernard pass
- Great-tailed Grackle
- great-toe reflex
- great-toe reflex
- great-toe reflex
- Great-West Life
- Great-West Life & Annuity Insurance Company
- Great-West Life Hockey League
- Great-West Retirement Services
- Great-winged Petrel
- Greatbatch, Wilson
- GreatBay Aquaculture, LLC
- Greater Abilene Geocachers Association
- Greater Access to Affordable Pharmaceuticals
- Greater Accra Poultry Farmers Association
- Greater Adirondack Home Aides
- Greater Akron Amateur Soccer Association
- Greater Akron Baseball Federation
- Greater Akron Catholic Young Adults
- Greater Akron Men's Senior Baseball League
- Greater Akron Soccer Officials Association
- Greater Alabama Council
- Greater Alameda Business Association
- Greater alar cartilage
- Greater alar cartilages
- Greater Albany Apple Byters
- Greater Albuquerque Association of Realtors
- Greater Albuquerque Bicycling Advisory Committee
- Greater Albuquerque Recreational Trails Committee
- Greater Allenspark Wireless Internet Cooperative
- Greater Altoona Career & Technology Center
- Greater ammi
- Greater Amsterdam School District
- Greater Amsterdam Volunteer Ambulance Corps
- Greater Anchorage Area Borough
- Greater and Lesser Fatra
- Greater and Lesser Nogai
- Greater and Lesser Tunb
- Greater and Lesser Tunbs
- Greater Anderson Musical Arts Consortium
- Greater Ann Arbor Quilt Guild
- Greater Annapolis Swim League