References in classic literature ?
Max, unaware of her reason for choosing the longest way home, remonstrated by halting in the middle of the lane, wagging his tail rapidly, and uttering gruff barks.
and he snapped his big fingers, halting a moment on his crutch.
He worked his way desperately, inch by inch, straight for the reservoirs, halting in silence.
The cries of the poor blanketed wretch were so loud that they reached the ears of his master, who, halting to listen attentively, was persuaded that some new adventure was coming, until he clearly perceived that it was his squire who uttered them.
His legs were stiff, imparting a halting, jerky motion to his gait.
Thus, if you order your men to roll up their buff-coats, and make forced marches without halting day or night, covering double the usual distance at a stretch, doing a hundred LI in order to wrest an advantage, the leaders of all your three divisions will fall into the hands of the enemy.
Halting at the entrance, they gazed through a long vista of lofty pillars, that were ranged from end to end of a great hall.
On one of these they killed three buffaloes and two elks, and halting on the edge of a beautiful prairie, made a sumptuous hunter's repast.
They passed slowly from one bracken-dotted field to the next--flushed with pride of ownership, plotting alterations and restorations at each turn; halting in their tracks to argue, spreading apart to embrace two views at once, or closing in to consider one.
I'm going North," and would sidle off, halting suddenly with a dramatic rattle of her rigging.
Legal browser ?
- half distance
- Half dollar
- Half eagle
- half finished
- Half proof
- Half seal
- Half year
- Half-brother and half-sister
- halt work
- Hamer, Fannie Lou Townsend
- Hamilton, Alexander
- hammer in
- hammer out
- hammer together
- Hammer v. Dagenhart
- Hanaper office
- Hand Arm Vibration Syndrome
- hand back
- hand down
- hand grenade
- hand in one’s resignation
- hand on
- hand out
Full browser ?
- Haltia, M
- Haltia, M.
- Haltia-Santavuori disease
- Haltia-Santavuori syndrome
- Halting predicate
- Halting problem
- Haltom City Police Department
- Haltom City Public Library
- Halton Agricultural Advisory Committee
- Halton Aircraft Apprentice Association
- Halton and Peel Professional Executive Network
- Halton Autistic Family Support
- Halton Catholic District School Board
- Halton Chamber of Commerce and Enterprise
- Halton Child and Youth Services
- Halton Community Housing Corporation
- Halton Community Rehabilitation Centre
- Halton County Baseball Association
- Halton District School Board
- Halton Furniture Makers Society
- Halton Hills
- Halton Hills Community Support and Information
- Halton Hills Generating Station