References in periodicals archive ?
1723-1793), Compendiaria metaphysicae institutio (Venetiis: Apud Laurentium Basileum, 1784); Christoph Haunhold (1610-1689), Logica practica in regulas digesta (Bambergae: Sumptibus Martini Gobhardt, 1752); Caspar Pfliger, S.
Except for Plato, who allowed only mature individuals to leave their country so that the entire community would benefit from their experience, (50) most philosophers have insisted on the importance of traveling for the institutio puerorum.
See Richard E Wevers, Concordance to Calvin's Institutio, 1559 (Grand Rapids, Mich.
Sutton, LCL (Cambridge: Harvard University, 1942); Marcus Fabius Quintilian, Institutio oratoria, trans.
The word institutio does not necessarily have the sense of a linguistic convention where that implies agreement between a number of speakers.
Quintilian, at the beginning of book 12 of his Institutio Oratoria asks, "What is the perfect orator?
Angelo Poliziano began his professorial in the fall of 1480 lecturing at the University of Florence on Statius' Silvae and Quintilian's Institutio Oratoria.
This practice went against the rules of separation between Church and State originally outlined by Calvin in his Institutio christianae religionis (IV, XI, 5).
For reasons that will be made clear below, however, it seems most likely that the meaning of the term in this context is rather that given to it by Quintilian in the sixth book of the Institutio oratoria, where it designates the faculty of judgment which enables the orator to gauge and respond successfully to the circumstances in which he is speaking.
Lipsius' Institutio epistolica should be complete as in the latter's criticism of Pliny which should end "et parum virum," that is "and of not enough strength" (186) and Lipsius' definition of the letter which concludes "aut quasi absentes," that is "or as if absent" (198).
Vives' De ratione dicendi is as a rhetoric not comparable with Agricola's De inventione dialectica (93), Demetrius' On style is from a completely different age than Lipsius' Epistolica institutio (95), and so on.
Kingdon, "Peter Martyr Vermigli on Church Discipline"; Christoph Strohm, "Petrus Martyr Vermiglis Loci Communes und Calvin's Institutio Christianae Religionis"; M.
Legal browser ?
- instinctive belief
- institute a comparison
- institute a lawsuit
- institute a legal proceeding
- institute an action against a third party
- institute an inquiry
- institute by law
- institute commingling of races
- institute legal proceedings
- Institute of Chartered Engineers
- Institute of Legal Executives
- institute process
- institution of commercial sites
- Institution of heir
- institution of learning
- institution of proceedings
- institution where justice is rendered
- instruct badly
- instruction to appear
- instructional corps
- instructional personnel
- instrument evidencing an agreement
Full browser ?
- Institutes of medicine
- Institutes of Technology and Polytechnics of New Zealand
- Institutes of Technology Ireland
- Institutes, Centers, and Divisions
- Institutet för Högre Marknadsföring
- Institutet för Rättsvetenskaplig Forskning
- Institutet for Rymdfysik
- Instituteur Maître Formateur
- Instituti Albanologjik
- Instituti Gjyqësor I Kosovës
- Instituti I Hitorisë
- Instituti I Kërkimeve Biologjike
- Instituti i Kerkimeve te Peshkimit
- Instituti I Minierave Dhe Teknologjisë Minerale
- Instituti I Mjekësisë Ligjore
- Instituti I Monumenteve Të Kulturës
- Instituti I Pyjeve
- Instituti I Sigurimeve Shoqërore
- Instituti I Statistikes
- Instituti I Studimeve Hidroteknike
- Instituti Kombëtar Për Shëndetësi Publike
- Instituti Kosovar I Artit Grafik
- Instituti Kosovar per Administrate Publike
- Instituti Per Kerkime Rinore
- Instituti Shqiptar I Statistikës
- Institutio Generalis Liturgiae Horarum
- Institutio Generalis Missalis Romani
- Institution Building Partnership Programme
- Institution Community Work Crew
- Institution Crisis Intervention Team
- Institution de la Recherche et de l'Enseignement Superieur Agricoles
- Institution de Retraite Professionnelle
- Institution Directory
- Institution for Research and Planning in Science and Education
- Institution for the Protection of Fictional Characters
- Institution Gang Investigator
- Institution Gouvernementale Exploitée par un Entrepreneur
- Institution Identification Codes
- Institution Level Support Team
- Institution Nationale de Prévoyance du Commerce et de l'Artisanat
- Institution of Agricultural Engineers
- Institution of Analysts and Programmers
- Institution of British Telecommunications Engineers
- Institution of Certificated Mechanical and Electrical Engineers
- Institution of Charity Fundraising Managers
- Institution of Chemical Engineers
- Institution of Civil Engineering Surveyors
- Institution of Civil Engineers
- Institution of Commercial and Business Agents
- institution of commercial sites