Mentioned in ?
- Admiralty and Maritime Law
- affirmative action
- Becket, Saint Thomas
- Benjamin, Judah Philip
- Brewster, Benjamin Harris
- Brief for Appellant
- Carmichael, Stokely
- Casement, Sir Roger David
- Civil Rights Movement
- Clinton, Hillary Rodham
- Cochran, Johnnie L., Jr.
- Commerce Clause
- common carrier
References in periodicals archive ?
8221; According to Pratt, when this particular alternate state is achieved, the journeyer has “a foot in both worlds.
But what Americans take to be heroes in their fictions are most often "assumed heroes" (8), she argues, "successfully marketed" (124) but not true journeyers, heroes who have been given the mantle "without the trouble of actually enacting an existentialist quest" (155).
Singapore is also high on the list of holiday and business destinations for journeyers from other Arabic counties.
in doing so, journeyers learn about the cartography of altered space; they learn about levels of consciousness and being beyond the physical self and the identity of ego.
133) In other words, we can assess our current location on our hero's journey by the dragons, guides, gods, and fellow journeyers that we find ourselves surrounded by at a given time in our life.
Relieved, the journeyers constructed a village compound.
Of course, spiritual journeyers have always existed--and they popped out on television in the 1960s and 1970s in the guises of Mr.
As dream journeyers, we may choose to go looking for them.
Here a 1920s Barcelona cable car, its intricate construction a monument to the defunct dream of man and machine working in perfect harmony, becomes a kind of time machine, successively populated by appositely dressed journeyers from various eras as it glides back and forth over the city's harbor.
Rather, the individuals who share their stories clearly fit the title of the book insofar as they are journeyers who have confronted both the ups and downs of an authentic and vital human experience.
Both journeyers also become swallowed in landscapes marked by heat, filth, desolation, and danger (Frodo through the marshes and vast, decimated territory of Mordor, the whisky priest in the harsh land of Tabasco and amid human squalor--a trash heap where he encounters his daughter, the jail where he finds communion with fellow sinners, among the great crosses and in the bitter rain as he approaches the state border).
Legal browser ?
- joint tortfeasors
- Joint trustees
- joint venture
- Jointress or jointuress
- joke about
- Jones Act
- Jones, Elaine Ruth
- Jordan, Barbara Charline
- jot down
- journalistic writers
- journey’s end
- Journeys account
- Judex a quo
- Judex ad ouem
- Judex aequitatem semper spectare debet
- Judex ante occulos aequitatem semper habere debet
- Judex bonus nihil ex arbitrio suo faciat
- Judex damnatur cum nocens absolvitur
- Judex debet judicare secundum allegata et probata
- Judex est lex loquens
- Judex non potest esse testis in propria causa
- Judex non potest injuriam sibi datum punire
Full browser ?
- Journey Through Suicide Grief
- Journey Through the Dark
- Journey through the Universe
- Journey Time Measurement System
- Journey to Adulthood
- Journey to Damascus
- Journey to Ernie
- Journey to the Center of the Earth
- Journey to the Centre of the Earth
- Journey to the End of the Night
- Journey to the Middle of the Earth
- Journey to the Seventh Planet
- Journey to the West
- Journey to Wellness
- Journey to work
- Journey to Zero
- Journey With A Village
- Journey-Time Monitoring System
- journey’s end
- Journeyman and Apprentice Training Committee
- Journeyman Engineer
- Journeyman Inside Wireman
- Journeyman Instructor Training
- Journeyman Textile Cleaner
- Journeys account
- Journeys of Service Helping Upper Appalachia
- Journeys Within Our Community
- Jours complementaires
- Jours épagomènes