Mentioned in ?
- Abernathy, Ralph David
- American Indian Movement
- Banks, Dennis J.
- Black Power Movement
- Bolin, Jane Matilda
- Brief for Appellants in Nos. 1, 2 and 4 and for Respondents
- Brief for the Petitioners
- Carmichael, Stokely
- Carter, James Earl, Jr.
- Christian Coalition
- Douglass, Frederick
- Du Bois, William Edward Burghardt
- Dworkin, Andrea
- Eastman, Crystal
- Evers, Medgar Wiley
References in periodicals archive ?
This includes fundamentalist religious advocacy, militance and all, as long as it is lawful.
Lorence effectively traces governmental and union bureaucracies' growing influence and how it reduced militance and socialized the jobless, but he does not show how workers reacted to or thought about these changes.
But the three main tributaries that converge to make the law-and-order issue so powerful are: (1) the revolt of youth, whether against the war, the draft, or the social system as a whole; (2) Negro militance and ghetto rioting; and (3) the individual's intense personal fear of criminal attack ("Law and Order," 1968: 22).
These "clubs" opposed union militance and favoured company dominance of production.
In broad outline, for both Canadian and United States workers the periods of militance (1960s and 1970s) as well as the years of relative quiescence (1980s and 1990s) have closely paralleled one another.
The intensity that we hear filtered through the character's voice emanates from Brown's own familiarity with an integrity that demanded militance.
Fundamentalisms and the State: Remaking Politics, Economies, and Militance (New York, 1992); David Edwin Harrell, Oral Roberts: An American Life (Bloomington, IN, 1985), 217.
29) Joy Parr, dans son etude d'une greve des ouvrieres de la Penman, en 1949, decortique les fondements psychologiques, territoriaux et sociaux qui constituent la base du << womanly militance >> et << neighbourly wrath >> a Paris, en Ontario.
Ironically, in Wynn's view, the October pogroms paved the way for the greatest show of worker political militance anywhere in Russia in December 1905: revolutionaries and skilled workers armed themselves to combat pogromists, and so were able to seize control of central Ekaterinoslav and many of the stations along the Ekaterinin railroad, and even to attempt to take on the military in pitched battle at Gorlovka.
In the latter case the inclusion of women in strike activities and the women's militance brought victory to the workers, suggesting that the shoe industry might be an exception.
This has taken on an aura of militance among those who grew up in isolated black ghettoes without experiencing the interracial relationships that led the previous generation to accept Martin Luther King vision of a beloved community to be made possible by the promise of redemption he held forth to whites.
Cohn leaves a few loose ends, but the cumulative effect of his writing is, well, to generate a reputation for militance in which "kamikaze" (Cohn's metaphor) writing can be seen as a key to winning concessions from the reader.
Legal browser ?
- Migratory Bird Treaty of 1918
- military evolutions
- Military Government
- military law
- Military Occupation
- military science
- military tribunal
- militate against
- Mill, John Stuart
- Milled money
- Miller v. California
- Miller, Loren
- Miller, Samuel Freeman
- Miller, William Henry Harrison
- Millett, Katherine Murray
- Milligan, Ex Parte
Full browser ?
- Milisecond pulsars
- Militair Geneeskundig Facilitair Bedrijf
- Militair Hospitaal
- Militair Hospitaal Koningin Astrid
- Militair Lichamelijke Vaardigheid
- Militaire du Rang
- Militaire Inlichtingen en Veiligheidsdienst
- Militaire Inlichtingendienst
- Militaire Luchtvaart
- Militaire Luchtvaart Autoriteit
- Militaire Luchtvaart Eis
- Militaire Willems Orde
- Militaires du Rang
- Militaires, Mesures, Hydrodynamique, Diversification
- Militant (Britain)
- militant and industrial societies
- Militant episode disorder
- Militant Grammarians of Massachusetts
- Militant Insurance Clerks
- Militant Islamic Fundamentalist Terrorist
- Militant Pillar and Ground of the Truth
- Militant Socialist Movement
- Militant Society of Bards
- Militant Tendency
- Militao Ribeiro
- Militão Ribeiro
- Militär Motorfahrer Verein St. Galler Oberland Graubünden
- Militär Utryckning Civila Kläder
- Militära underrättelse- och säkerhetstjänsten
- Militära Underrättelsetjänsten
- Militargeschichtliches Forschungsamt