References in classic literature ?
The competitors for this office sought as diligently to please their overseers, as the office-seekers in the political parties seek to please and deceive the people.
The cashier, however, took advantage of an influx of office-seekers, to slip out and get into his hackney-coach (hired by the hour for these costly entertainments), and to return to his home in the place Royale.
Former Mayor, attorney James Donchess, a sitting alderman, defeated former Greater Nashua Chamber of Commerce President Chris Williams, a first-time office-seeker who had the backing of much of the business community.
James Buchanan was something of a cold fish, an inveterate office-seeker, and--typical of the decayed Democracy of that era--an expansionist/imperialist who coveted Mexico, Cuba, and any other southerly territory that wasn't nailed down.
Gauny, a mortgage broker, is a first-time office-seeker.
It requires citizen groups to report to Congress when they sponsor broadcast ads to the public that mention the name of a member of Congress, at any time of any year, if the sponsoring group spends more than $100,000 per year on such communications in the entire country, or $25,000 on communications that mention a single officeholder or office-seeker.
Regardless, any office-seeker or public official must be extremely cautious and rigorous in knowing how and by whom the campaign coffers are being filled.
They may not distribute a candidate's campaign material in church or use church resources to promote or attack an office-seeker.
Through a truly democratic process, the candidate will be the first office-seeker interactively created through the Internet.
But Weiss ran an aggressive campaign, painting Hayden as a career office-seeker, and matched his spending in the runoff.
Foley said Catholic newspapers should be able to judge ads from candidates based on whether or not the office-seeker holds views that conform with church teaching, using abortion as a litmus test.
Weiss charged that Hayden, the one-time student radical who served 18 years in the state Legislature, was a career office-seeker who was only running for council because term limits forced him out of his previous job.
Legal browser ?
- Office copy
- office force
- Office found
- office hunter
- Office of Communications
- Office of Fair Trading
- Office of Management and Budget
- Office of National Drug Control Policy
- Office of Thrift Supervision
- office worker
- officer in charge
- officer of state
- officer of the court
- officer of the law
- officer who carries out orders of the court
- Officers may not examine the judicial acts of the court
- officers of instruction
- Officers of the Court
- officers of the law
- Officia judicialia non concedantur antequam vacent
- Officia magistratus non debent esse venalia
- official announcement
- official bulletin
- official call
- official correspondence
- official count
- official court order
- official criminal charge
- official document
- official enumeration of inhabitants
- official enumeration of the population
- Official Gazette
- official headquarters of an ambassador
- official inquiry
- Official Journal
- official misconduct
- official mission
- official notice
- official procedure
- Official Receiver
- official reception
- official reckoning
- official recognition
Full browser ?
- Office X
- Office XP
- Office XP
- Office, Chief of Air Defense Artillery
- Office, Chief of Legislative Liaison
- Office, Chief of Ordnance - Detroit
- Office, Chief of Public Affairs
- Office, Chief of Staff of the Army
- Office, Chief of the Air Corps
- Office, Chief of Transportation
- Office, Chief Ordnance
- Office, Comptroller Of the Army
- office, computing and accounting machinery
- Office, Motor Vehicle Transportation Officer
- Office, Ogden Air Material Area
- Office-Affordable Housing Production Program
- Office-Based Independent Practice
- Office-Based Opioid Treatment
- Office-level Configuration Management Board
- Office/Officer of the Order of the British Empire
- Office/Official Personnel Folder
- Office/Organization of the Joint Chiefs of Staff
- OfficeExtend Access Point
- Officemate International Corp
- Officer (armed forces)
- Officer (armed forces)