References in periodicals archive ?
He suggested liability under section 2 "[w]here oligopolists sharing monopoly power have engaged in restrictive conduct lacking any substantial justification.
Accordingly, so too should oligopolists be able to set price and output
It is also assumed that all firms are idential and that each of the n firms make their production decisions as would a standard Cournot oligopolist.
In this paper, we analyze a three-stage plant, location, and quantity choice problem for multi-plant Cournot oligopolists in a circular city model.
13) And the personality type that makes for a good takeover entrepreneur would be poorly suited for the "trust" and soft competition that oligopolists need to maximize their profits.
While pre-emptive commitments have been well documented in the entry deterrence literature, (Gilbert and Newbery (1982) and Reinganum (1983)), games with commitments between co-existing oligopolists, like the one described here, have rarely been discussed.
Other forces dictate the cooperation and "morality" between oligopolists.
Other theories explain them as disciplinary measures taken by oligopolists who are tacitly colluding (e.
In a subsequent study I was able to lend support to Harberger's results by analyzing the interactions between the minority of large firms in an industry, that act as independent oligopolists, and most of small firms that behave as price takers .
An increase in fixed costs will cause industry profits to decline, and there are discussions in the industrial organization literature about how declining industry profits in general affect the behavior of oligopolists.
Ohta, "Vertical Integration of Successive Oligopolists.
For example, Green and Porter |1984^ use it to analyze collusion among oligopolists, Brander and Spence |1985^ to explore the use of export subsidies, Farrell and Maskin |1989^ to examine advertising among competing firms, Cornes and Sandler |1986, 37-42^ to explain the provision of public goods, and Dixit and Nalebuff |1991, 115-18^ to describe the conflict between Congress and the Federal Reserve over economic policy.
Legal browser ?
- often done
- often met with
- Ogden tables
- Oil delivered to home by mistake, responsible for payment?
- Oklahoma City Bombing
- old age
- old campaigner
- old fashioned
- Old natura brevium
- old soldier
- Old tenures
- Old-Age, Survivors, and Disability Insurance
- Oleron laws
- Olmstead v. United States
- Olney, Richard
- Omissio eorum quae tacite insunt nihil operatur
- omission of a court
- omission of duty
- omission of obligation
- omission prohibited by law
- omit using
- omit what is due
- Omne actum ab intentione agentis est judicandum
- Omne crimen ebrietas et incendit et detegit
Full browser ?
- oligophrenia-ichthyosis syndrome
- oligophrenic cerebellolenticular degeneration
- Oligophrenics, Special Education of
- Oligopoly, Theory of
- Oligoporus leucospongia