References in classic literature ?
It was the urge of Life healthy and strong, unaware of frailty and decay, drunken with sublime complacence, ego-mad, enchanted by its own mighty optimism.
His virile courage and optimism are as pronounced as those of Browning; he wrote a noteworthy 'Essay on Comedy' and oftentimes insists on emphasizing the comic rather than the tragic aspect of things, though he can also be powerful in tragedy; and his enthusiasms for the beauty of the world and for the romance of youthful love are delightful.
Some twenty years her senior, he preserved a gift that she supposed herself to have already lost--not youth's creative power, but its self-confidence and optimism.
The sunshine was delicious, and a gentle optimism seemed to steal over him.
With the most heroic optimism, this Rocky Mountain Company persevered until, in 1906, it had created a seventy- thousand-mile nerve-system for the far West.
There was something lugubriously comical in the way Newman's thoroughly contemporaneous optimism was confronted with this dusky old-world expedient.
Out of their native optimism and race-egotism they had therefore concluded that the task was impossible, that China would never awaken.
But Bassett's relapses grew more frequent, his brief convalescences less and less vigorous, his periods of coma longer, until he came to know, beyond the last promptings of the optimism inherent in so tremendous a constitution as his own, that he would never live to cross the grass lands, perforate the perilous coast jungle, and reach the sea.
London: Business confidence - an average of business prospects and economic optimism - in February has slightly decreased from 35% to 33%, according to the latest Business Barometer from Lloyds Bank Commercial Banking.
The optimism of consumers about the economy over the next six months has reached a 32-month high, the Taiwan Economic Development Center at National Central University (NCU) said Tuesday.
The SWS survey disclosed that 49% of Filipino adults expect their personal quality of life to get better in 2018 while 3% expect theirs to get worse, resulting into a 'record-high' net personal optimism of +46.
The country's optimism level for October to December 2017 showed an improvement from the 84 percent and 80 percent recorded in the previous quarter and the same quarter in 2016, respectively.
Legal browser ?
- oppressive act
- oppressive exaction
- oppressive taskmaster
- opt for
- Optima est lex
- Optimam esse legem
- Optimus interpres rerum usus
- Optimus judex
- Optimus legum interpres consuetudo
- or attorney-at-law
- Or cri de pais
- Or curtesy
- Or interdiction
- or mandamus
- Or to bind over
- Or venire pacias juratores
Full browser ?
- Optimisation par Essaim Particulaire
- Optimised Depreciated Replacement Cost
- Optimised Deprival Value
- Optimised Effective Potential
- Optimised Exchange Between All Modes of All Conforming Consignments
- Optimised Microturbine Energy System
- Optimised Signal Capacity and Delay
- Optimised Target Controlled Infusion
- Optimising compiler
- Optimism and Pessimism
- Optimism bias
- Optimist Club of West Knoxville
- Optimist Coastal Bend Chess Federation
- Optimist International
- Optimist International Foundation
- Optimist International Junior Golf Championships
- Optimiste Junior Octogone International
- Optimistes Sans Frontieres
- Optimistic bias
- Optimistic concurrency control
- Optimistic Concurrency Control - Broadcast Commit Variant
- Optimistic Concurrency Control - Time Interval Variant
- Optimistic Concurrency Control Mechanism
- Optimistic Concurrency Control with Dynamic Adjustment
- Optimistic Concurrency Control with Forward Validation