Mentioned in ?
- "The Civil Rights Cases"
- Addams, Jane
- American Indian Movement
- Amnesty International
- Arms Control and Disarmament
- Brief for Respondent
- Brief for the Petitioners
- Brown, John
- Carmichael, Stokely
- Chessman, Caryl
- Civil Rights Act of 1964
- Color of Law
- Communist Party USA
References in classic literature ?
On the narrow Augesd Dam where for so many years the old miller had been accustomed to sit in his tasseled cap peacefully angling, while his grandson, with shirt sleeves rolled up, handled the floundering silvery fish in the watering can, on that dam over which for so many years Moravians in shaggy caps and blue jackets had peacefully driven their two-horse carts loaded with wheat and had returned dusty with flour whitening their carts- on that narrow dam amid the wagons and the cannon, under the horses' hoofs and between the wagon wheels, men disfigured by fear of death now crowded together, crushing one another, dying, stepping over the dying and killing one another, only to move on a few steps and be killed themselves in the same way.
Murder in the first degree is flattered by his fate up to the point of letting him die peacefully in Boston after these dealings of his in England; and altogether his story could not be commended to people with a morbid taste for bloodshed.
They bend over him to see that he sleeps peacefully, and replace his sweet arm beneath the coverlet, and they open the drawers to count how many little vests he has.
Dorothy awoke just as the light was beginning to get strong next morning, and not caring to sleep any later she quietly got out of bed, dressed herself, and left the tent where Aunt Em was yet peacefully slumbering.
And such indeed was the purpose of his attitude--which meant that the white stranger within his village still slept peacefully.
He, left alone, had promptly fallen asleep; and thus De Montfort's men found and captured him within sight of the bell-tower of the Priory of Lewes, where the King and his royal allies lay peacefully asleep, after their night of wine and dancing and song.
There was little chance to make beds for the children, but the leaves of the trees grew thickly and would serve to keep off the night dews, so the shaggy man piled soft grasses in the thickest shade and when it was dark they lay down and slept peacefully until morning.
Christmas went by quietly and peacefully, and the New Year came, and still the King lingered in Perth.
I had covered about fifty yards of the distance, and the beast was still feeding peacefully, so I thought that I would make even surer of a hit by going ahead another fifty yards, when the animal suddenly raised his head and looked away, up-river.
There is the "Sea of Serenity," over which the young girl bends; "The Lake of Dreams," reflecting a joyous future; "The Sea of Nectar," with its waves of tenderness and breezes of love; "The Sea of Fruitfulness;" "The Sea of Crises;" then the "Sea of Vapors," whose dimensions are perhaps a little too confined; and lastly, that vast "Sea of Tranquillity," in which every false passion, every useless dream, every unsatisfied desire is at length absorbed, and whose waves emerge peacefully into the "Lake of Death
She planted herself in front of them brandishing her stick, and they stood in a row and stared at her in great astonishment; and she kept them off until one of the men from the farm arrived with a whip, and having found the cowherd sleeping peacefully in the shade, gave him a sound beating.
Wait a minute and I'll come right back," answered the old fellow, thinking he had to deal with one of those boys who love to roam around at night ringing people's bells while they are peacefully asleep.
Legal browser ?
- payments past due
- Paypal harms business of customer
- Peace Bond
- Peace Commissioner
- peace of mind
- peace offering
- peace officer
- Peace Officers
- peaceable possession
- peaceful of mind
- Peccata contra naturam sunt gravissima
- Peckham, Rufus Wheeler
- peculiar expression
- peculiar feature
Full browser ?
- Peacebuilding and Conflict Resolution
- Peacebuilding and Reconstruction Program Initiative
- Peacebuilding, Development and Security Program
- Peacebuilding, Healing and Reconciliation Programme
- Peaceful Alternatives to Tough Situations
- Peaceful Atomic Energy Cooperation Act of 2006
- Peaceful co-existence
- Peaceful coexistence
- Peaceful End of Life Theory
- Peaceful Nuclear Explosion
- Peaceful Nuclear Explosions Treaty
- peaceful of mind
- Peaceful Pathways Montessori Academy
- Peaceful Use of Nuclear Energy
- Peaceful Use of Outer Space
- Peaceful Uses of Nuclear Technology
- Peaceful Valley Donkey Rescue
- Peaceful Valley Scout Ranch
- Peacefully Resolving Our Unsettled Differences
- Peacekeeper Launch Support Center
- Peacekeeping and Stability Operations Institute
- Peacekeeping Best Practices Section
- Peacekeeping Best Practices Unit
- Peacekeeping Core Group
- Peacekeeping English Project
- Peacekeeping Force
- Peacekeeping forces
- Peacekeeping Institute
- peacekeeping mission
- peacekeeping operation
- peacekeeping operation
- Peacekeeping Operation Center
- Peacekeeping operations
- Peacekeeping Russian Separate Airborne Brigade
- Peacekeeping, Reconstruction and Stability Operations