References in classic literature ?
Bad habits cling to us, however, with such persistency that I did mechanically pull out my handkerchief and begin to rub off the welcoming smudge, a thing I never would have dreamed of doing in the glorious old days; but an artful scent of violets clinging to the handkerchief brought me to my senses, and with a sudden impulse of scorn, the fine scorn for scent of every honest Backfisch, I rolled it up into a ball and flung it away into the bushes, where I daresay it is at this moment.
But she is a little dreaded elsewhere in consequence of an indiscreet profusion in the article of rouge and persistency in an obsolete pearl necklace like a rosary of little bird's-eggs.
When he sees a folded and sealed scrap of paper float round the globe in a pine ship and come safe to the eye for which it was written, amidst a swarming population, let him likewise feel the admonition to integrate his being across all these distracting forces, and keep a slender human word among the storms, distances and accidents that drive us hither and thither, and, by persistency, make the paltry force of one man reappear to redeem its pledge after months and years in the most distant climates.
He had been long complaining of fulness and oppression in the head, and his doctor had warned him of the consequences that would follow his persistency in continuing to work, early and late, as if he were still a young man.
At last, with business- like persistency, he reached the Square, and made diagonally for the number 10.
He conveyed it to them with so much meaning, and he had such a diabolical persistency in him, that at length, Mrs Gowan rose to depart.
Her eyes sparkled; her cheeks were bright with color; she talked incessantly, with a forlorn mockery of the girlish gayety of past days; she laughed with a deplorable persistency in laughing; she imitated Mrs.
With this natural outburst of indignation, Blanche looked back at Anne; and, daunted by the death-like persistency of the swoon, appealed again to the mercy of the immovable woman who was looking down at her.
Horace returned, with unwise persistency, to the question of the deferred marriage.
The main objective of the present study was to estimate the persistency of lactation in Sahiwal cows using different persistency indices and to estimate heritability of persistency.
Best Special Report, "Anemic Yields Put Spotlight on Retention," reveals that ordinary life persistency has been relatively steady, fluctuating between 81.
The persistency of milk production is defined as the capacity of a cow to maintain its milk production after peak lactation.
Legal browser ?
- perplexing state of affairs
- persevere at
- persevere in
- persist in
- persistent exertion
- persisting in error
- persisting in fault
- person accused of crime
- person affording evidence
- person appointed to administer affairs
- person coming from a foreign country
- person employing advice
- person entrusted with property of another
- person from foreign parts
- person full of character
- person in authority
- person in charge
- person in responsibility
- person making a feoffment
- person named to carry out the provisions of a will
- person of age
- person of experience
- person of importance
- person of intellect
Full browser ?
- persisted in
- persisted with
- Persistence (computer science)
- persistence forecast
- Persistence Impact Ratio on Classes
- Persistence Impact Ratio on Lines of Code
- Persistence of High Intestinal Lactase Activity
- Persistence of vision
- Persistence of vision
- Persistence Of Vision Raytracer
- persistence phenomenon
- Persistence Power Training Institute
- Persistence Services Resources
- Persistency Values
- Persistent Acute Otitis Media
- persistent agent
- persistent agent
- Persistent Allergic Rhinitis
- persistent anterior hyperplastic primary vitreous
- persistent anterior hyperplastic primary vitreous body
- Persistent Antiradiation Missile
- persistent anxiety
- Persistent Application System
- Persistent Asthma
- persistent atrioventricular canal
- Persistent Bibliographic Information Record
- Persistent Bioaccumulative Toxic
- Persistent Bioaccumulative Toxics Initiative
- Persistent Black Holes
- Persistent Browser-Based Game
- Persistent Cgi
- Persistent Chemical
- Persistent Chemical Agent Simulant
- Persistent Chemical Agent Simulant/Chemical Agent Disclosure Solution
- Persistent Chemical Agent Stimulant/Chemical Agent Defense Systems
- persistent chronic hepatitis
- Persistent cloaca
- Persistent Code Measurement Tool
- persistent common atrioventricular canal