Mentioned in ?
References in classic literature ?
I confess this side of the country was much pleasanter than mine; but yet I had not the least inclination to remove, for as I was fixed in my habitation it became natural to me, and I seemed all the while I was here to be as it were upon a journey, and from home.
The country is a vast deal pleasanter, is it not, Mr.
Of course that is all that is expected of us when we are on mantels and cabinets and drawing-room tables, but our lives are much pleasanter here in our own country.
On awaking the next morning, they all had pleasanter feelings.
Life in the regiment, during this campaign, was all the pleasanter for him, because, after his loss to Dolokhov (for which, in spite of all his family's efforts to console him, he could not forgive himself), he had made up his mind to atone for his fault by serving, not as he had done before, but really well, and by being a perfectly first-rate comrade and officer- in a word, a splendid man altogether, a thing which seemed so difficult out in the world, but so possible in the regiment.
Hasn't life at Patty's Place been really much brighter and pleasanter this past winter because I've been here to leaven you?
If her mother's consolations could have restored her to a pleasanter and more enviable state of mind, there were abundance of them to produce the effect.
Other jobs were pleasanter - attending the Queen's Golden Jubilee service at Bangor Cathedral, presenting World War II veterans with France's highest accolade, the Legion d'honneur, and mugging up on sport to appear expert when asked to talk to the media about France's football and rugby teams.
While working in the Karamea area of the northwest South Island Clarke (1906) wrote to Professor Algernon Thomas at Auckland University College that he had been very busy conducting field work, "but the work is certainly pleasanter & more healthy than teaching.
Green bowls is a gentle game of great skill, hand and eye coordination and patience and there is little that is pleasanter on a fine summer's day.
It has long been a source of embarrassment for me that when we travel, my pleasanter 'half' feels honour-bound to strike up conversations and make friends for the space of those few hours, completely convinced that the other person is deeply interested in him and what he has to say.
No Rain, and the Earth much cooler than before, and pleasanter.
Legal browser ?
- plea bargain
- plea bargaining
- Plea in Abatement
- Plea in Bar
- plea in being elsewhere
- plea in rebuttal
- plead a cause against a third party
- plead for
- plead guilty
- Plead guilty to possession, CO
- plead in favor of
- plead one’s cause
- plead with
- pleading in a civil action
- Pleas of the crown
- Pleas poll
- pleased with oneself
- plebis dux
- pledge for the payment of a debt
- pledge of security
- pledge one’s credit
- pledge one’s honor
- pledge one’s word
Full browser ?
- Pleasant Valley Animal Hospital
- Pleasant Valley Assembly of God
- Pleasant Valley Business Solutions, LLC
- Pleasant Valley Cemetery
- Pleasant Valley Cemetery Association
- Pleasant Valley Christian Academy
- Pleasant Valley Cycle Park
- Pleasant Valley Elementary School District
- Pleasant Valley Implementation Plan
- Pleasant Valley Intermediate School
- Pleasant Valley Junior High
- Pleasant Valley Log Cabins
- Pleasant Valley Montessori School
- Pleasant Valley School District
- Pleasant Valley Secondary School
- Pleasant Valley State Prison
- Pleasant Valley Swim Team
- Pleasant View Baptist Church
- Pleasant View Christian Academy
- Pleasant View Elementary School
- Pleasant View Luther Home
- Pleasant View Retirement Community
- Pleasant View School for the Arts
- pleasantly plastered
- Pleasanton City Employees Association
- Pleasanton Community Concert Band
- Pleasanton Cultural Arts Council
- Pleasanton Foothill Little League
- Pleasanton Girls Soccer Association
- Pleasanton Girls Softball League
- Pleasanton High School
- Pleasanton Junior Football League
- Pleasanton National Little League
- Pleasanton Partnership in Education Foundation
- Pleasanton Schools Educational Enrichment Foundation
- Pleasanton Unified School District
- Pleasanton-Tulancingo Sister City Association
- Pleasants County
- Pleasants County Board of Education
- Pleasants County Development Authority
- Pleasants County Industrial Park