Mentioned in ?
References in classic literature ?
Don't you feel that it is pleasanter to help one another, to have daily duties which make leisure sweet when it comes, and to bear and forbear, that home may be comfortable and lovely to us all?
And, take it in the autumn, what can be pleasanter than to spend a whole day on the sunny side of a barn or a wood-pile, chatting with somebody as old as one's self; or, perhaps, idling away the time with a natural-born simpleton, who knows how to be idle, because even our busy Yankees never have found out how to put him to any use?
I am sure he loses pleasanter companions than he can find in his own thoughts, either in his mouldy old office, or his dusty chambers.
The pleasanter face which had replaced his, on the occasion of my last visit, answered to our summons, and went before us to the drawing-room.
Wopsle's great-aunt's, with the pleasanter peculiarity that it seemed to come through a keyhole.
I hope your dreams have been pleasanter than that," I ventured at this moment to stammer, rising, a startling apparition, from my ambush behind a mound of brambles; and before she had time to take in the situation I added that I hoped she'd excuse my little pleasantry, and told her how I had noticed her and the wounded bicycle, et cetera, et cetera, as the reader can well imagine, without giving me the trouble of writing it all out.
I have no conscience, and see how much pleasanter I am
It was much pleasanter at home,' thought poor Alice, `when one wasn't always growing larger and smaller, and being ordered about by mice and rabbits.
Very soon he decided that he could not have chosen a pleasanter place; a delicious perfume of aloes wood and pastilles came from the open windows and mingled with the scent of the rose water which steamed up from the hot pavement.
Far better would it be for us who have adopted this accursed service to go back to our own houses, and there employ ourselves in pleasanter occupations -in hunting or fishing, for instance; for what squire in the world is there so poor as not to have a hack and a couple of greyhounds and a fishingrod to amuse himself with in his own village?
How severely we reproach Virtue for its defects, and how full of indulgence we all are for the pleasanter qualities of Vice!
Renfield, "Goodbye, and I hope I may see you often, under auspices pleasanter to yourself.
Legal browser ?
- plea bargain
- plea bargaining
- Plea in Abatement
- Plea in Bar
- plea in being elsewhere
- plea in rebuttal
- plead a cause against a third party
- plead for
- plead guilty
- Plead guilty to possession, CO
- plead in favor of
- plead one’s cause
- plead with
- pleading in a civil action
- Pleas of the crown
- Pleas poll
- pleased with oneself
- plebis dux
- pledge for the payment of a debt
- pledge of security
- pledge one’s credit
- pledge one’s honor
- pledge one’s word
Full browser ?
- Pleasant Valley Animal Hospital
- Pleasant Valley Assembly of God
- Pleasant Valley Business Solutions, LLC
- Pleasant Valley Cemetery
- Pleasant Valley Cemetery Association
- Pleasant Valley Christian Academy
- Pleasant Valley Cycle Park
- Pleasant Valley Elementary School District
- Pleasant Valley Implementation Plan
- Pleasant Valley Intermediate School
- Pleasant Valley Junior High
- Pleasant Valley Log Cabins
- Pleasant Valley Montessori School
- Pleasant Valley School District
- Pleasant Valley Secondary School
- Pleasant Valley State Prison
- Pleasant Valley Swim Team
- Pleasant View Baptist Church
- Pleasant View Christian Academy
- Pleasant View Elementary School
- Pleasant View Luther Home
- Pleasant View Retirement Community
- Pleasant View School for the Arts
- pleasantly plastered
- Pleasanton City Employees Association
- Pleasanton Community Concert Band
- Pleasanton Cultural Arts Council
- Pleasanton Foothill Little League
- Pleasanton Girls Soccer Association
- Pleasanton Girls Softball League
- Pleasanton High School
- Pleasanton Junior Football League
- Pleasanton National Little League
- Pleasanton Partnership in Education Foundation
- Pleasanton Schools Educational Enrichment Foundation
- Pleasanton Unified School District
- Pleasanton-Tulancingo Sister City Association
- Pleasants County
- Pleasants County Board of Education
- Pleasants County Development Authority
- Pleasants County Industrial Park