References in periodicals archive ?
Or perhaps I should say, the poltroons who drive them.
70) When Boschini turned to it in his sustained polemic with Vasari (La Carta del navegar pitoresco, Venice, 1660), he understood it correctly as denigrating Venetian painting and its favored medium: "Thus [Vasari] so esteemed painting in fresco that he had Michelangelo say that painting in oil was the occupation of poltroons.
He might not be behind a drum kit, but he is flying in from LA to hear the first performance of his work, entitled Poltroons in Paradise.
However, if his poltroons from the Government and party masochistically enjoy this, the rest of us see this as a threat and it is natural and humane to get protected from it, Naumov writes.
McGrath is a serious-minded individual who reserves his admiration for doers like John Francome rather than soft watchers like McCririck and I, whom he tolerates as occasionally entertaining poltroons.
It's difficult to know if it's meant to be an expose of these trivial poltroons or a celebration of some of the most obnoxious, self-centred, empty, useless and pointless people you're ever likely to see on the screen.
Better on balance a genuine coward who didn't have the guts to face the charges against him than posturing poltroons who think making a peace sign in the safety of Hollywood is somehow significant.
The agents of the state and the law are not time-serving poltroons, but men performing their duty because they believe in the fundamental goodness of what they uphold.
These anonymous poltroons applied an absurd quota system so that each of Britain's four main soaps got equal air-time.
Vasily Petrenko will conduct Poltroons in Paradise - scored for timpani, percussion and full symphony orchestra - with Stewart looking on.
Probably because of this, someone thought of saying that the patriotism is the last hideout of the poltroons, Rizaov concludes.
Shame on the poltroons whose arbitrary victimisation, if they are not careful, will turn England's citadel into a tribunal where young players will be scared to perform.
Legal browser ?
- Polk, James Knox
- Poll Tax
- Pollack, Milton
- Pollak, Walter Heilprin
- Polling the Jury
- Pollock v. Farmers' Loan & Trust Co.
- Pollock, Frederick
- pollution control
- polygamous marriage
- polysyllabic profundity
- pompous prolixity
- pompous speech
- ponder over
- ponder reasons for and against
Full browser ?
- Poltoratskii, Pavel
- Poltoratskii, Pavel Gerasimovich
- Poltoratskii, Viktor
- Poltoratskii, Viktor Vasilevich
- Poluautomatska Puška
- Poluboiarov, Pavel
- Poluboiarov, Pavel Pavlovich
- Polubotok, Pavel
- Polubotok, Pavel Leontevich
- Poludniowy Koncern Energetyczny
- Poluian, Ian
- Poluian, Ian Vasilevich
- Polulle Oman Mentorin Ohjauksessa
- Polunin, Aleksei
- Polunin, Aleksei Ivanovich
- Polunin, Fedor
- Polunin, Fedor Afanasevich
- polus anterior bulbi oculi
- polus anterior lentis
- polus frontalis