References in periodicals archive ?
12) A lo largo de la historia del antiguo Egipto predomino que el nombre del dios Ra aparezca dentro del prenomen del faraon, es decir en su nombre como Rey del Alto y Bajo Egipto.
The column of inscription on the right shoulder includes a cartouche with the prenomen Ramesses II and reads: "Lord of the two Lands, User-maat-re Setepen-re".
8) It gives the prenomen of the ruler who constructed the monument as well as the name of the god to whom it was dedicated.
In contrast, the Athens/Nauplion/British fragments show - as far as they are preserved - an inscription on both sides that is identical in content (differing sometimes only in sign orientation), give both prenomen and nomen, and lack mention of a deity.
where nomen and prenomen face each other on both sides, a band of inscription around the edges (Weinstein 1973: 244-47).
naming Sety's father Ramesses I, wherein the nomen and prenomen are placed side by side but each oriented outward rather than inward (Stadelmann 1977);(10)
A cartouche-shaped plaque of Sety I from the art market where the ruler's prenomen is on one face (oriented right) and the name of his funerary temple at Gourna is on the other face (in two columns facing left; Egyptian Blue; 8 cm long);(11)
A small faience plaque naming Ramesses II from Aphek, possibly a model brick, with two columns on each face: a reference to a deity is in the leftmost columns (facing right), and the nomen and the prenomen are in the rightmost columns (facing left; Weinstein 1981: 19f.
2 Although no fragment gave both the prenomen and nomen of this ruler, I believe it likely that the names refer to him.
7 A simple cartouche with the king's prenomen is centered toward the top of the brick; a second brick was probably similar.
I have already found his discussion of "bundled handle" seals ([section]212) of use in describing a unique example engraved with the prenomen of Rameses IV recently found during the new excavations in downtown Beirut.
Legal browser ?
- Premarital Agreement
- premium bond
- premium certificate
- premium for the use of money
- Premium pudicitiae
- premonitory sign
- Prender or prendre
- prenuptial agreement
- prenuptial) agreemen
- preparation of laws
- prepare a complaint
- prepare a formal request
- prepare a petition
- prepare an estimate
- prepare for
- prepare for crops
- prepare for publication
Full browser ?
- Prence, Thomas
- Prender or prendre
- Prendergast, Maurice
- Prendergast, Maurice Brazil
- Prendergast’s test
- Prenegotiation Objective
- Prenegotiation Objective Memorandum
- preneoplastic state
- Prenex Conjunctive Normal Form
- Prenex Disjunctive Normal Form
- Prenia vygie
- prenodular fissure
- Prenormative Requirements for Intelligent Actuation and Measurement
- Prenovost, Normandin, Bergh and Dawe
- Prensa Latina
- Prensa Libre