(redirected from recovery room)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Financial, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
References in periodicals archive ?
Most of these patients (10 of 13; 77%) received the IV pain medication in the OR; the rest (3 of 13; 23%) received it in the recovery room.
Weber--had delays in their recoveries, including longer stays in the recovery room, higher use of oral narcotics, and a longer time off work, than did "copers.
When medical assistant Michele Price lifted the sheet covering Herron in the recovery room, she saw that Herron was covered with blood "all underneath her, down to her knees," Price testified, according to the Republic.
Prepared to meet incoming requirements, the PACU team can offer each patient a smooth transition from operating to recovery room.
Feller, the family's attorney and a founding partner at Ross Feller Casey, said the case highlights the risks associated with post-operative surgical care, and he stressed that patients should ask questions not only about the procedure, but also about recovery room care.
Mr Campbell said another alleged victim was repeatedly groped by Nicholson while alone with him in the recovery room in June 2008.
The book is divided into 30 chapters including chapters on pain, recovery room routine, physiology, fluid balance, working with people and useful appendices.
The business has been joined by the former owners of the Gardener's Cottage in Ashby, bringing interior decorating talents and home accessories to the business, Recovery Room proprietor Jeanne Gauthier said in a statement.
I have extensive experience in recovery room nursing.
It's a recovery room, of sorts - where the Marines can recuperate from the emotional wounds of war that can cut as deeply as any bullet or piece of shrapnel.
When I woke up in the recovery room the staff were brilliant and laughed and joked with me to take my mind off my discomfort.
We cleared the left nasal passageway (figure, D) and transferred the patient to the recovery room in stable condition.