Mentioned in ?
References in classic literature ?
Evidently he wished to be amiable to that young man whose arrival had made some sensation in the world of political refugees.
There were one or two cartloads of refugees passing along Oxford Street, and several in the Marylebone Road, but so slowly was the news spreading that Regent Street and Port- land Place were full of their usual Sunday-night promenaders, albeit they talked in groups, and along the edge of Regent's Park there were as many silent couples "walking out" together under the scattered gas lamps as ever there had been.
Like the refugees and renegades who slunk away in the salt marshes of the Adriatic and builded the palaces of powerful Venice on her deep-sunk piles, so these wretched hunted blacks builded power until they became masters of the mainland, controlling traffic and trade- routes, compelling the bushmen for ever after to remain in the bush and never to dare attempt the salt-water.
After the Polish refugees, came Colmiche, an old man who was credited with having committed frightful misdeeds in '93.
She has interested herself very much in the matter of Belgian refugees and is entertaining a great many of them at a house of hers near the seaside.
This excepted, no ill-will was shown to the refugees.
A quarter of an hour after, the captain received the written order from the king, to blow up the fortress of Belle-Isle, in case of resistance, with power of life and death over all the inhabitants or refugees, and an injunction not to allow one to escape.
had long been the enemy of the Dutch, who insulted or ridiculed him to their hearts' content, although it must be said that they generally used French refugees for the mouthpiece of their spite.
Then, as I looked at him inquiringly: "Yes, my friend, she had kindly extended hospitality to seven of my countrypeople who, alas, are refugees from their native land.
The motor, loaded with refugees, continued to travel very slowly down the hill.
The German name of the victim, the absence of all other motive, and the sinister inscription on the wall, all pointed to its perpetration by political refugees and revolutionists.
In 1560 English Puritan refugees at Geneva put forth the 'Geneva Bible,' especially accurate as a translation, which long continued the accepted version for private use among all parties and for all purposes among the Puritans, in both Old and New England.
Legal browser ?
- refrain from
- refrain from action
- refrain from noticing
- refrain from punishing
- refrain from using
- refrain from working
- refraining from involvement
- refraining from utterance
- refresh one’s memory
- refresh one's memory
- refresh the memory
- Refreshing Memory
- refugee prisoner
- Refund of deposit
- refund of deposit by landlord
- refusal of agreement
- refusal of approval
- refusal of bail
- refusal of consent
- refusal to accept
- refusal to answer
- refusal to be provoked
- refusal to become involved
- refusal to believe
- refusal to comply
- refusal to do business
- refusal to furnish work
- Refusal to make a will
Full browser ?
- refueling water system
- refuelling stop
- refuge area
- Refuge Cove State Recreation Site
- Refuge of Last Resort
- Refuge Operating Needs System
- Refuge Trust International
- Refuge, Cities of
- Refugee & Asylum Seekers Project
- Refugee Access Verification Unit
- Refugee Action Committee
- Refugee Advisory & Advocacy Project
- Refugee Advocacy Service of South Australia
- Refugee Aid and Development
- Refugee and Asylum Seeker Health Network
- Refugee and Humanitarian Arrival Clinic
- Refugee and Immigrant Advisory Council Inc.
- Refugee and Immigrant Health Program
- Refugee and Immigration Legal Centre Inc.
- Refugee and Immigration Legal Service
- Refugee and Immigration Services
- Refugee and Migratory Movements Research Unit
- Refugee Assessment and Guidance Unit
- Refugee Assistance Headquarters
- Refugee Assistance Information System
- refugee camp
- Refugee camps
- refugee capital
- Refugee Centre for Human Rights
- Refugee Children and Vulnerable Citizens
- Refugee Children School Impact Grant
- Refugee Community Development Fund
- Refugee Concern Hong Kong
- Refugee Coordination Unit
- Refugee Council of New Zealand
- Refugee Counselling Services Unit
- Refugee Determination Program
- Refugee Development Center