References in periodicals archive ?
Bishop may find lateral movements equally threatening: tidelike currents cause a blackout; the horizontal rolling of a rocklike armored car is devastating.
When certain tree resins congeal, they slowly polymerize into a stiffened substance called copal and, if kept from air, will harden finally into the rocklike gem known as amber.
Caught between the rocklike inflexibility of a national labor-political coalition and the hard place of fiscal reality, Brazilian President Fernando Henrique Cardoso agreed to an 11% increase in the minimum monthly wage--even though it could upset the country's financial recovery.
His parents had become rocklike themselves, with years of ossification.
instead, it seems to do with Dick Vermeil, or the team's history, or the rocklike floor of the Ugly Dome.
Stanner saw this man as one who, while involved in treachery, hatred and bloodshed, nevertheless had dignity, strength and self-possession, a rocklike steadiness, a force and integrity which could be seen by `anyone not blinded by the veils of race, culture, and interest' (1960, 100).
8) In In Transit, from first to last, the reader is forced to accept that words are shifting objects, and that one should not be too hasty in establishing a rocklike foundation for their meanings: "I resolve to live in in-transit" (28).
This process of mineral replacement, called petrification, makes the bones strong and rocklike.
Collapsibility--Heated sand that becomes hard and rocklike is difficult to remove from the casting and may cause the contracting metal to tear or crack.
and an environmentally clean rocklike material that can be safely placed in a landfill are the harmless end products.
For millennia, artisans and craft workers cut and polished certain kinds of these minerals, transforming rough, rocklike crystals into stones of beauty and brilliance.
At first glance, the Renaissance Society appeared empty but for a work titled Peregrine Falcon Nest, 2014, which consisted of a wooden window frame mounted horizontally on table legs placed over a few bits of rocklike debris; a sculpture composed of four dented white and green pillar forms (Legs Were Walking Out, 2014); and a loose sheet of the January 2 issue of the New York Times with an article describing recent applications of drone technology.
Legal browser ?
- roaches in apartment
- roadside test
- rob of freedom
- Roberts v. United States Jaycees
- Roberts, Owen Josephus
- Robinson v. California
- Robinson, Spottswood William, III
- Robinson-Patman Act
- Rochin v. California
- Rodney, Caesar Augustus
- Roe v. Wade
- Rogatory Letters
- Rogers, William Pierce
- Role d'equipage
- roll into one
- roll on
- roll out
- rolled-up plea
- rolling in riches
Full browser ?
- Rockland Cooperative Nursery School
- Rockland County
- Rockland County Association for the Learning Disabled
- Rockland County Builders & Remodelers Association
- Rockland County Concert Band
- Rockland County Department of Health
- Rockland County School Boards Association
- Rockland County Sewer District
- Rockland County Umpires Association
- Rockland County, New York
- Rockland County, NY
- Rockland District High School
- Rockland Flag Football League
- Rockland Independent Living Center
- Rockland Journal-News
- Rockland Lake State Park
- Rockland Psychiatric Center
- Rockland Regional Technical Rescue Team
- Rockland Road Runners
- Rockland Teachers' Center Institute
- Rockland Yacht Club
- Rockland Youth Dance Ensemble
- Rockland, ME, USA - Rockland
- Rockman & Forte
- Rockman DASH
- Rockman X
- Rockman X Command Mission
- Rockman X: Command Mission
- Rockne Knute Kenneth
- Rockne, Knute
- Rockne, Knute Kenneth
- Rocko's Modern Life
- Rocko's Modern Life