tale

(redirected from tala)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Financial, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
See: falsehood, myth, narration, narrative, story

TALE, comm. law. A denomination of money in China. In the computation of the ad valorem duty on goods, &c. it is computed at one dollar and forty-eight cents. Act of March 2, 1799, s. 61, 1 Sto. L. U. S. 626. Vide Foreign Coins.

TALE, Eng. law. The declaration or count was anciently so called in law pleadings. 3 Bl. Com. 293.

References in periodicals archive ?
5 million, the project being funded 70 per cent by the government, with the Tala community board paying the remaining 30 per cent.
MAaAaAeAe[micro]venpick Resort & Spa Tala Bay Aqaba is 25 minutes from King Husse International Airport.
The Middle East holds high significance for us with 17% of our global portfolio centred in the region and we are glad to welcome Grand Swiss-Belresort Tala Bay Aqaba to our upscale luxury collection of hotels.
Al Shahri and his wife have four daughters, Yara, 16, Luma, 15, Jana (10) and Tala.
We are very pleased to have reached this final stage of bringing Tala Residence to completion," Hamad bin Ali Al Hedfa, Mazaya Qatar Real Estate Development CEO said.
Tala stated that they have many more male clients, "The operation takes place in a sterile environment and is carried out under the supervision of a doctor.
Enter the Movenpick Resort & Spa Tala Bay; Aqaba in Jordan, recently awarded a Green Globe Certification.
President and CEO of Rezidor Hotel Group (RHG), Mr Kurt Ritter, visited on December 4, the Radisson Blu Tala Bay Resort, Aqaba, one of the hotel brands operating under RHG's booming portfolio.
SOM TALA has been retired just days before the first anniversary of his biggest win in the John Smith's Northumberland Plate at Newcastle, writes David Carr.
TALA GANG, December 02, 2009 (Balochistan Times): The particulars of jewelers in Tala Gang would be collected and strong plan has been devised in this regard which would be approved after meeting with the jewelers.
Then, in the 1990s, Tala became the champion of what became known as Bend Skin, a funky folklore fusion which has since become associated with the motorbike taxis, known locally as Zemidjans, that buzz around the country's city streets and provide affordable, speedy transport for many urban Cameroonians.
Bringing the total number of properties to five in Jordan for the Swiss group, the opening of the new Mvenpick Resort Tala Bay Aqaba is set to welcome guests from August 2009.