Mentioned in ?
References in periodicals archive ?
To use another metaphor deployed by the coeditors of the volume, Rome during the period in question served as a "political laboratory," where experiments were conducted in new ways of "doing politics," as well as theorizing and writing about politics.
It is unclear how this theorizing enhances what is already such a sound piece of work.
I don't think feminism has moved beyond anything, nor do I think it's productive to bracket off the '70s as some primitive period of feminist theorizing that has been superseded.
Madan Sarup reminds that this line of thinking usually is directly allied with the vocabulary and theorizing of Jean-Francois Lyotard, who warns that "(older) master narratives no longer function" to unify contemporary society, having lost their power in the explosion of political and technological complexities that dominated the century just closed (137).
In recent years feminist theories have tended to conceive their theorizing as restricted to identity and subjectivity.
She quotes Plato as theorizing about the two sexes looking for their other half, when in truth Plato was talking about a banquet that the Athenian poet Agathon was giving to celebrate a drama prize he had won.
It's a tremendous effort that requires a lot of theorizing and a lot of computing," Boman says.
This statement would be right on the money if the word correctly were struck from the first sentence, since some of the theorizing within the Black Arts Movement was too dogmatic and occasionally based on misconceptions of Africa.
In among the sometimes compelling, often banal theorizing about tango's cultural significance, the most apposite comment of all belongs to Cristina Rey.
Despite such efficiencies, of course, there are obvious advantages to living in a world where people care about their neighbors, and economists spend a lot of time theorizing about both the prevalence and the consequences of altruism.
Unlike these collections, both of which explicitly set out the historical, theoretical, and methodological rationales for their construction of a diasporic black feminism, Theorizing Black Feminisms takes its cross-cultural frame as a theoretical given, casually combining essays dealing with Africa and the United States in each of its four sections.
The task of theorizing in a local context is all the more important because pan-Arabist thinking, which included ideological myth-making and plain assertion alongside theory and scholarship, is not what it was.
Legal browser ?
- theft and pawn shop
- theft from departmentn store
- Theft from employer
- Theft of merchandise worth $450
- theft of money entrusted to one’s care
- theft of money entrusted to one’s management
- Theft of services, penalties
- Theft SOL South Africa
- theme of inquiry
- then again
- Theodosian Code
- theory of business
- theory of fiscal relations
Full browser ?
- theorize about
- theorize on
- Theory (mathematical logic)
- Theory (mathematical logic)
- Theory and Application of Graph Transformation
- Theory and Applications of Abstraction, Substitution and Naming
- Theory and Applications of Categories
- Theory and Applications of Computational Science
- Theory and Applications of Continuous Interaction Techniques
- Theory and Applications of Knowledge MAnagement
- Theory and Applications of Language Equations
- Theory and Applications of Models of Computation
- Theory and Mathematics in Biology and Medicine
- Theory and Policy Studies
- Theory and Practice of Logic Programming
- Theory and Practice of Object Systems
- Theory and Practice of Open Computational Systems
- Theory and Practice of Parallel Programming
- Theory and Practice of Software
- Theory and Practice of Software Development
- Theory and Practice of Timed Systems
- Theory and Research in Social Education