Mentioned in ?
References in classic literature ?
What when we fled amain, pursu'd and strook With Heav'ns afflicting Thunder, and besought The Deep to shelter us?
At this moment there was a tremendous clap of thunder, accompanied by a flash of lightning so vivid, that it quite eclipsed the light of the lamp.
splintering lightning and sturdy thunders of admonition till he
Thunders of applause from the English soldiers, as well as from the citizens and peasants, showed how far the love of brave and knightly deeds could rise above the rivalries of race.
For easily he makes strong, and easily he brings the strong man low; easily he humbles the proud and raises the obscure, and easily he straightens the crooked and blasts the proud, -- Zeus who thunders aloft and has his dwelling most high.
For rather will I have noise and thunders and tempest-blasts, than this discreet, doubting cat-repose; and also amongst men do I hate most of all the soft-treaders, and half-and-half ones, and the doubting, hesitating, passing clouds.
And despite the downpour, the deafening thunder and the lightning that seemed ready to sear one's eyes, he walked out of the cave entrance, followed by Tom and the others.
Thunder splits the ships, But he only smacks his lips, A tastin' of this flip, -- Such a funny, sporty, gamy, jesty, joky, hoky-poky lad, is the Ocean, oh
The opera proceeded, it was a piece with a storm in it; the mimic thunder began to mutter, the mimic wind began to wail and sough, and the mimic rain to patter.
A deep peal of thunder went rolling and tumbling down the heavens and lost itself in sullen rumblings in the distance.
The bird replied, "My good master, the lightning, thunder and rain disturbed me so much all night long, that I cannot tell you what I have suffered.
Close on its apparition, and blindingly violet by contrast, danced out the first lightning of the gathering storm, and the thunder burst like a rocket overhead.
Legal browser ?
- throwing out
- thrown away
- thrown overboard
- thrust at
- thrust back
- thrust in
- thrust oneself
- thrust oneself in
- thrust out
- thrust under
- thrust upon surreptitiously
- thrusting out
- thumb through
- thumbnail sketch
- thunder forth
- Thurmond, James Strom
- thwarted expectation
- ticket cases
- Ticket errors and dismissal
- Ticket for differing violations
- ticket for firearm in car
- Ticket for having an air gun
- Ticket for marijuana
- ticket in construction zone
- ticket incorrectly
- ticket of leave
- Ticket, curfew, errors
- Ticketed for possession of paraphernalia
- tidal wave
- tide lands
- tide over
Full browser ?
- Thundering herd
- Thundering Herd of Robots Using Student Thinking
- Thundering herd problem
- Thundering Hope Aid for Needy Kids
- Thunders of the Vatican
- Thunderstone (disambiguation)
- thunderstorm cell
- thunderstorm charge separation
- thunderstorm cirrus
- thunderstorm cirrus
- thunderstorm day
- Thunderstorm Electrification and Lightning Experiment
- Thunderstorm Identification, Tracking, Analysis, and Nowcasting
- Thunderstorm in the Vicinity
- Thunderstorm Information Not Available
- Thunderstorm Interactive Forecast System
- Thunderstorm Rain
- Thunderstorm Research International Project