References in classic literature ?
I was beginning to relent towards my wretched partner; to pity his forlorn, comfortless condition, unalleviated as it is by the consolations of intellectual resources and the answer of a good conscience towards God; and to think I ought to sacrifice my pride, and renew my efforts once again to make his home agreeable and lead him back to the path of virtue; not by false professions of love, and not by pretended remorse, but by mitigating my habitual coldness of manner, and commuting my frigid civility into kindness wherever an opportunity occurred; and not only was I beginning to think so, but I had already begun to act upon the thought - and what was the result?
The finances from the global donor will be beneficial for weak households, including dislocated poor people, marginalized or economically unalleviated households, widows and physically week persons.
74) Eight of the twelve poets had been included in either Winning or its sequel Demilitarized Zones, and every single one of them approached their writings about the war with the same penetrating honesty of those earlier works, that unflinching "gaze falling on horror, withstanding it, and in unalleviated consciousness of negativity holding fast to the possibility of what is better.
That concordance had not been achieved, and the president's intense dissatisfaction was unalleviated, was evident in his issuing orders that same day mandating the organization of the Army of the Potomac into a corps configuration.
I believe that the National News Agency indeed enriches Lebanon with an unalleviated flow of news.
Driving past grey Stalinist apartment blocks, unalleviated by any spring cheer in what used to be the most pro-Soviet country in the Eastern Bloc, I began to think I should have waited a few more weeks after all.
troops there to about 100,000--large parts of Central and South Asia are facing increasing water troubles that affect livelihoods and, if unalleviated, could undermine the region's future stability.
More than once I was reminded of Bergman's film The Serpent's Egg, of the stultifying atmosphere of the last years of the Weimar Republic, of the mixture of paranoia and disorientation, of the ways in which discouragement turns into resignation, then submission, and how general dissatisfaction hurries to find marginal targets; of how, given conditions of unalleviated material want and systematic terror, stupidity and violence will erupt wherever they can.
Moreover, many fiscal studies fail to measure costs such as the effect of punitive policies on families and communities, costs associated with increasing the number of parents in the criminal justice system, the cost to state and local governments of policing the poor, and the long-term costs of stigmatizing government assistance and allowing poverty to go unalleviated.
Our main finding is that electrical stimulation of the NRM for a few days just after SCI reversed postinjury allodynia in the forelimbs, although hindlimb allodynia remained unalleviated.
These three figures' agitation is unalleviated by a saviour on a cross who reassures them with the promise of eternal life.
48) If godly divines used temporary faith to keep some of their audience in a state of holy suspense, these same divines also offered up "temporary unbelief'--my term, not theirs--when healthy concern lapsed into unalleviated anguish.
Legal browser ?
- unaffected by
Full browser ?
- Unaligned Load Halfword Unsigned
- Unaligned Load Word
- Unaligned Mode Transfer
- unallocated bed
- Unallocated Benefit
- Unallocated Benefits
- Unallocated Funding Instrument
- Unallocated Funding Instruments
- Unallocated Institution Building Facility
- Unallocated Loss Adjustment Expense
- Unallocated Provision
- Unallocated Space Descriptor