13 year old, legal custody, wants to move

Ask a Lawyer


Country: United States of America
State: All States/Provinces

I am of the age of 13, I live with my mother, her boyfriend, and my great grand parents... but I want to live with my father and my great grand mother has legal custody and she will not let me move and neither will my mother. Is there a way I could choose which one I can live with?


Your father would have to file in court and ask the court to change the order and/or permit more visitation.