17 year old can't have contact with boyfriend

Ask a Lawyerwhat's this?


Country: United States of America
State: Massachusetts

I have a few questions regarding my rights. First of all I am a 17 year old woman and I have been currently seeing my boyfriend of 4 and 1/2 years, who is now 18 years of age. He is currently on probation and has completed his stipulations which were to finish a means battery class and pay all of the legal expenses regarding his probation. He has completed both of these tasks. But another stipulation was that he wasn't to have contact with me because in earlier times we had some issues. He was set to be off probation and his PO told him not to go to court that day because he would be fine and his probation would be terminated. So that day i saw him and my mother because furious and called the court house complaining because my mother and I don't get along. The head of probation called my boyfriend and said they heard the case but then something came up so they had to go back to the case later and as they did they were getting phone calls from my mother and they then said the judge decided not to terminate it until he had come in so the judge could speak with him.He then went in and the judge said that he was going to extend it because my boyfriend scored 3.5 -4 out of a 1-5 scale in his program and he felt that probation shouldn't be terminated so he extended it to January 30th. Is this legal? Also I am 17 years old can I legally go in and amend the order so that it is legal to have contact with me? Thank you for your time.


You can approach the court once you are 18--but normally not until then...
These questions and answers are provided by WORLDLawDirect.com. ©2000 - 2007 by WORLDLawDirect.com, Inc.