18 year old picked up by cops walking home from party, intoxicated

Ask a Lawyerwhat's this?


Country: United States of America
State: Pennsylvania

I am 18 and was picked up walking home on a highway after a college party about a month ago. The cops talked to me and then told me I had to get in the car. They continuously questioned me. They never told me I was being charged with anything and did not write any citations there. They also did not do any breathalyzer test. I now have an underage drinkngi charge and a 3550 which is a charge for walking on the highway intoxicated. I have never done anyting before and am wondering what my best choice would be. I am unsure if the cops made any mistakes with the lack of rights and breathalyzer test (if they were needed). I really need to try make this come out the best way possible. Please email me if you can.


Make sure you get counsel (or at least the public defender) to try to keep this off your record eventually--jail time etc. is probably not likely if your record is very clear now. But having that arrest and/or a conviction on your record will make job-hunting etc. more difficult. Normally this could be negotiated down to some kind of court supervision etc. at the worst...
These questions and answers are provided by WORLDLawDirect.com. ©2000 - 2007 by WORLDLawDirect.com, Inc.